Unforgivable Mistake (Part 20)

Holding her close, not wanting her to leave. an unknown feeling in his heart, the warning of a storm.

**************************************************************

It was late at night, winter was rolling in and the sky got dark early. Anurag had just returned from office, this month had been an hectic one for him, there were a lot of things he had to deal with and that meant early mornings and late nights. Prerna too was busy, job hunting, now that she had taken care of Naveen and put him in his well deserved place, jail, she could start looking for a job. With Anurag being busy all day, it was getting boring and lonely to sit at home.

But before she went back to her laptop she wanted to take out extra blankets, the nights were getting colder and she did not fancy falling sick. She opened the wooden cupboard as the left side made an annoying creaky sound, she stood up on the stool and pulled out a warm, thick blanket. She threw it onto the bed and went for a second one ,when she felt her stool shake, barely keeping her balance she looked down to see Anurag giving her a cheeky grin. 

Prerna- Anurag, stop it, I will fall.

Anurag- and I will catch you 

he replied instantly with absolutely no hesitation, and before she knew it with one last jerk she lost her balance, her footing slipping from the stool, her eyes squeezed shut as she fell and thankfully landed in his arms.

Anurag- Told you I will catch you 

He smirked. Her hands snaked around his neck, to hold herself. 

Prerna- and I told you I am not in the mood. 

Anurag- Acha... why is my wifeys mood off? 

he asked pouting innocently, it made Prerna almost giggle, almost... she was in no mood to give in so early, she wanted to be upset with him. He had given her absolutely no time in the past week. She knew he had work but that does not mean he cant spend a little time with her. Two stolen moments with him meant the world to her. She wanted that, she wanted that back

Prerna- I am busy, I don't have time for all this

Anurag sighed, he knew he was unable to give her anytime and he wanted to spend time with her more than anything else, but work had been piling up and he had to get things done. He was running a company, he couldn't just ignore his duties. 

Anurag- Sorry na

Prerna huffed and turned her head to the other side. 

Anurag- Now do you want me to hold my ears?

Prerna- NO! I will fall then. 

Anurag giggles

She tried to free her self but he would not let her, after much insistence he complied.

Anurag placed her on the bed and she picked up her laptop and got to work. Anurag decided to wind down first as it had been and exhausting week for him at office and the continue pursuing her. Prerna leaned back pulling the laptop closer, she had shortlisted 4 companies she could apply in when Anurag stepped out of the washroom. 

Anurag- Hey wifey!

Prerna rolled her eyes

Prerna- What!?

Anurag- Hey, hey why so snappy? I am just trying to be romantic 

Prerna- I am busy, and you need rest not romance Anurag!

Anurag- On one condition

Prerna- What?

Anurag- You forgive me