Chapter 17: A Little Off Track

A man. A man with short black hair covered in blood. He has black eyes with red skulls in them. His skin is pale and decrepit, as though he were a walking corpse. He has giant bat wings, except they are missing the leathery skin in between; just the skeleton of wings.

He speaks to Lavender, holding his hand out, "I see how powerful you are Lavender. Come, join me. Stand by my side and fight against the light ways of the Universe. It's what your ancestor did."

Lavender blinks, looking back at Luna, and shakes her head, "I don't know who you are, but I have to stay. My growndey is here." She hugs her little sister, and I smile.

The man grimaces and reaches his arm out, a ball of black magic aimed towards Luna. She screams and Lavender stands in front of the magic, shouting in pain as it hits her in the chest. She reaches at her heart, trying to claw out the dark magic. Luna is hugging her, crying.

The man laughs, "You will never defeat me. I meant to kill your sister Lavender, but now you are filled with my magic. If you use too much magic, you will succumb to the dark side, and come running to me."

He turns around and disappears, and immediately the beasts resume attacking.

Leta and Loki hold them off and Luna starts chanting, "libet meum soror mea dictaque subduxi ratiunculam meam lavendula."

"Please, save my sister, my scale, my balance, my lavender."

Lavender is convulsing, her purple hair shriveling. It becomes green and snarled, messy and ruined. She groans, as though is being ripped apart from the inside out. She closes her eyes in pain and screams, loudly. I cry. I don't think I've ever seen someone in so much pain, even through these visions.

I watch as she gasps, and then opens her eyes. They are blood red, and her demeanor seems different; harsher like she just died.

Luna whispers, and I realize she is much paler than before. Everything, her hair, eyes, skin, looks faded and washed out. She must've given some of her life force to save Lavender, I think. "Sister, are you alright?"

Lavender pushes her away and grunts, "I'm fine, Lunasila."

"Lavender, wh..what ha..happened?" Luna stutters, clearly shocked by the use of her full name.

"I'm not Lavender anymore. You just watched, just LET her die," Lavender shouts. Leta and Loki turn around, looking at their big sister. Luna starts tearing up.

"I'm Laverna, and we have to leave..." she says, averting her eyes.

Loki walks over to his sister and puts his hand on her arm, "Laven...I mean Laverna," he stutters once he sees Laverna glare at him, "What do you mean we have to leave?"

Laverna pulls his hand off, "I mean we need to leave. Those beasts, they're unkillable. He can just bring the dead back. We have to leave."

Loki looks into her eyes, "He? Do you mean that man from before? Who is he?"

"Aeron. Aeron Morietur. I don't know much, except that he's a necromancer, and that Skyen isn't safe. We should head to Zoro."

Leta grunts, having to fight off the beasts all on her own, "Then let's go. Lav, can you open up a portal?"

Laverna glares at Leta and nods. She opens a reddish-green portal, a colorful swirling galaxy. Loki and Luna blink.

"What's wrong with your magic?" Luna says, still on the verge of tears.

Laverna shrugs, "This is just who I am now. You're gonna have to get used to the fact that I'm not Lavender anymore. Ok. Things are gonna be different. I'm doing everything I can right now to stop myself from murdering all of you."