Chapter 5: Stitched Shards

The week passes by without any more craziness. Kyler, Connor, Cameron, and I figured out what we want to do for our project--And we came up with a team name (Team Viribus). We want to to do a play reenacting how the sisters came to rule, portraying their 'heroics,' a magical showcase with all eight types, and a short movie showing what our world would look like without their majesty and splendor.

Thursday Elemental Therapy rolls around. I'm nervous. About Jameson. What am I going to have to do? It's already a miracle that he helped me in the first place. Now I'm going to have to pay him back. There are rumors that he's forced other indebted girls to do 'things' for him and I can't do that, no matter how much debt I'm in. Or could I? Maybe instead of joining the resistance, I could ask Jameson for help. I don't know what I'd have to do, but maybe that's easier than joining a rebellion.

I feel like I'm in a book. I have two potential 'love interests' and now I have to decide not only who to pick, but where my entire life should fall.

Woah...woah..woah

I guess I got a little ahead of myself there.

I walk up to Viribus' table and sit down, Kyler coming in a millisecond later and falling into place beside me. Connor and Cameron were crazy worried when we told them about Evelyn, but we've worked really hard on our project, so I haven't had a lot of time to be sad.

Connor is already sitting down, and Cameron rushes in just as the tardy bell rings. Miss Fane tilts her head at him, sending a clear message.

Stop cutting it so close.

Cameron, looking like he just ran a marathon, smirks at us. He intentionally comes in at the last minute just to piss Miss Fane off.

"So Cameron," I start, "What kept you this time?"

He looks at me, a hint of fear in his eyes.

"Jameson said he had something big planned for tomorrow night, that there was going to be a new guest. Everyone got super excited because his circle is pretty exclusive. Then the guys got all excited because he said it was going to be a girl."

I shiver. I'm coming over tonight. And I guess tomorrow night too. Unless he means someone else, which is highly unlikely.

"But," Kyler says, "Why did that hold you late?"

"After everyone started dispersing Jameson came up to me and said that the guest was my nerd-girl. I have no idea what he meant by that. The girl I have a crush on isn't known to be super nerdy. I don't really hang out with any other girls."

Connor speaks up, "I know who the guest is."

I avert my eyes.

"It's Lily. She's really smart and you're in ET together, which we know that Jameson disapproves of. Plus you're in the same group. Hence, she's you're 'nerd-girl.'"

All three stare at me.

Cameron is the first to speak, "So, is Connor right? Are you going to be guest at Jameson's tomorrow?"

I shrug my shoulders and say meekly, "I don't know. I mean, I said I'd go there tonight, but I don't know about tomorrow."

Kyler looks ready to strangle me.

"Why the hell would you say yes? He's a bully."

I shake my head. "I'm indebted to Jameson. Of course, I would say yes."

I want to cry. Kyler is right and I know it. Jameson has always...well he has helped me out. Yeah, he hasn't been the nicest but he was willing to cover for my mom and pay us some extra. I mean, he doesn't just do that for everyone. I'm pretty sure he's got his own problems too. So, maybe Jameson isn't all that bad.