28.Cold

"She's just handling the pain in her own way Jughead,nothing to worry about"I recognise the posh voice to be that of Veronica's.I open my sleep-filled eyes groggily stretching out my hands and legs and letting a silent yawn escape.
"Morning sleeping-beauty"Jughead laughs kissing my forehead."morning"I whisper in response,rubbing the sleepy crust from my eyes.
"You feeling okay?"Betty smiles,I shrug.I'm sick of people asking me that question.The funeral was last week but dad kept from school as I'm not "ready" to face it yet.Jughead and dad won't let me go anywhere,not until I crack and show emotion.Theres no emotion to show,I don't care about my dead mother,it's the truth and I know I should care,the guilt is haunting me but I just can't bring myself to grieve.
Dave didn't even bother show up to the funeral,he took moms money and left.I don't know where he is or what he's doing,he never really loved her,she was so in love with him.How is that fair?I ignored the presence of my brothers friends and grabbed my phone from under my pillow switching it on to see that it was 1pm,I'd slept in.
I had multiple texts from my friends,Mae and Jamie asking if I was okay and when I would be back to school,I quickly typed "be back next week I think,I'm fine thanks xx"and hit send.
"Jellybean?,you still with us?my brother laughs snapping me back to reality,I hadn't even realised I'd zoned out."sorry,what did You say?"I ask meeting my brothers tired yet concerned eyes.
"I said dads working until late tonight and I've got...well I've got serpent business which is why my friends are here,their gonna be minding you for today so get changed"my brother mutters pulling on his leather serpent jacket.I look up at the three older teens whose care I was being left in and roll my eyes along with a sigh.Archie furrows his brows "what,you don't trust us?"he laughs.I decide to ignore him.
"Jug,I'm fourteen,I can take care of myself.Mom always left me home alone in Toledo,sometimes she would leave me for weeks whilst she was off somewhere with Dave."Jughead gasped,"she did what?""I know you want me to mourn her Jug but I can't,I don't miss her okay? So please just leave me get on with my life"I spoke rapidly.
"Jellybean,we can talk about this tomorrow,with dad,pack your things your staying at Betty's"Jughead sighs,not knowing what to do with me anymore.I sigh louder and begin to gather my things.
~Betty's POV~
Jellybean's little confession was pretty intense...
We're all worried about the kid,we've all grown to love her as though she was our sister too.I was kinda excited about this opportunity to bond with her.I was worried about Juggy,serpent business? What the hell was that supposed to mean? It couldn't be good.
I shake the thought away as jellybean emerges from her room with a small backpack.
She's a sorry sight with all her scars and injuries from Penny's abduction still visible on her face,those scars were never gonna go away.She hadn't eaten yet so Archie suggested bringing her to pops for breakfast.She didn't want to hang out with us,it was obvious but the kid didn't have a choice in the matter.Jughead and FP are extremely protective of Jellybean so we're gonna have to be extra careful,she's a big responsibility if I'm honest.
**
~Jellybeans POV~
I slid into the booth,Betty next to me and Veronica and Archie opposite."what do you wanna order?"Veronica smiled handing me the menu.I scanned it quickly before simply shrugging my shoulders "not hungry" I mumbled.
"Jellybean"Archie sighs."Jellybean you need to eat something,you brother and dad are so worried about you,your appetites been off lately,please just eat something,a milkshake and a few fries maybe?"Betty adds concern etching her voice.
"okay,I'll eat a few fries"I nod sheepishly in defeat.
The older teens attempt to make conversation which I ignore,I don't honestly know why I'm acting so cold,their only trying to help me I realise.
But I can't help it,their annoying me with their over protectiveness.I should be grateful,everything is okay in my life right now,well,as okay is its gonna get but nothing lasts long,all hell was about to break loose.
AUTHORS NOTE
Sorry this chapter is just a filler,it sucks!
I just posted a cute Bughead edit on Instagram,check it out? (Editxng__)
Okay now let's talk about today's episode,
SPOILERS AHEAD-read with caution
Wtf Riverdale? I think we're all a bit disappointed in Cheryl,she got fangs and Toni kicked out of the serpents
The serpents are falling apart ugh
Fangs deserves so much better
Why were Cheryl and Toni robbing in the first place?
Okay Hiram can suck one,he's starting to really piss me off sabotaging his own daughter,Veronica also deserves better.
Archie? Omg don't even get me started on Archie,I was bawling my eyes out but it's okay because turns out he's not dead :))