33: A fancy dinner

Lucemon smiles. "The eighth is reserved for the supreme demon lord, Ogudomon or my other form, that possesses all the seven code keys" he explains. You listen to him, noticing he's a good source of information. You nod. "So that explains. You're so much wiser than Gluttony!" you say to him, causing him to smile. "That's good to hear. One of the reasons is that I'm half demon, half angel." You look at him in awe, smiling like a goof. "That's so awesome! You must have a lot of benefits considering that!" He chuckles. "Well, the best is offered to the best."

He rolls the glass of wine gently in his fingers, making the smell come out, then smells it before rolling a couple times again and taking a sip. "This wine is very exquisite. You should really have a taste too" he say. You wonder for a bit, thinking you can't hold your liquor that well before rolling your glass in your fingers, taking a smell and tasting it. The taste is dry, dark and bitter, but it has a tiny sweet, honey like aftertaste. "It's much better than sake" you say, glossing over the truth.

You finish the starter after him, having your empty plate taken away by Kuzuhamon. She brings you and him another plates with a steak and what resembles mashed potatoes with chives mixed in. It looks delicious. He takes the inner pair of fork and knife, cutting the tender, steaming steak. "This is perfectly cooked to my tastes. A perfect medium steak" he says. You cut into yours, getting hungry with the scent that rises from your steak. You take a small bit on your fork with some mashed potatoes, savoring the taste. It sends shivers down your spine because the fresh and creamy saltiness of the potatoes wrapping together with the juicy and sweet meat is forming a perfect combination.

"Does this dish fit to your tastes?" he asks. You turn to look at him after you've swallowed the food in your mouth. "I... I'm out of words..." you say quietly. He smiles at you gently. "Like I said, only the best for the best." You smile, eating the rest of the food in a sophisticated manner, having a sip of the wine here and there. In the end you realize you've had three glasses already, feeling the heat crawl onto your cheeks. "It seems this wine fits to your tastes as well. I'm glad you like it" he says, smiling. You're served the dessert.

The dessert is a foam kind of thing. Kuzuhamon served no more red wine. Instead she poured you and Lucemon some light colored sparkling wine into clean, slim and long shaped glasses. "Thank you, maid. Now, let us enjoy the last part of the meal" he says. The foam tastes sweet and it has a fresh after taste. You're not sure what's the main ingredient used in it despite your good taste. You take a sip of the wine, noticing it has a fresher and sweeter taste than the rich flavored, bitter red wine.

After finishing the dessert, you realize you're quite drunk by now. You sigh and smile, feeling relaxed. "I don't remember if I've ever had food as great as this" you say. Lucemon wipes his mouth and gets up, offering you his hand. "I think it's time to rest for today. You can use my bed to your tastes." You take his hand, smiling. 

"It's cold here though... Can't you share the bed with me? I don't want you to sleep on the floor and I'm afraid that somebody would come here to hurt me..." you say, your smile fading away. "Like that indespicable gluttonous spawn?" he asks. You look away, causing the position of your head reveal the wounds and bruises. "Yeah... kind of..." His eyes widen and he cups your cheek before placing his both hands over your neck. A light emits out of his hands, making the marks of Gluttony's violence fade away until the spots are perfectly healed. "Don't worry for I am the most suitable demon lord to protect you. I shall follow your wishes for as long as you're here."

You blush and feel your neck and the crook between it and your shoulder. It doesn't hurt anymore. After letting your hands back down Lucemon takes a gentle hold of them. "Shall we proceed to the bed? I think you'd need to rest well after my treatment. Unfortunately I lack the ability to make you feel refreshed." You yawn and smile, grabbing a hold on his hands too. "Let's." You pull him towards the bed and giggle a little, sitting on the edge. He leans down to whisper into your ear. "I will not defile you like that brute did. Trust me, I'll protect you from people who would try to use you."

Your arms wrap around his neck, pulling him down on the bed with you. He is surprised by your actions but doesn't struggle, going along your pace. Lying down on the bed with you, he pulls a blanket over you both, holding you in his arms protectively. Your back is against his chest and the position feels familiar to spooning.

A dream comes. In it, you see Baalmon. He's crying silently while looking towards you, like he was regretting something. You try reaching towards him but his form changes into that of the demon lord's that stops crying and glares at you with seemingly burning gaze instead. You pull your hand back and see him spit to his side before taking another glance at you. "Dun' need ya, 'm stronger by myself. 'm glad yer outta my sight, eyesore" he says with a calm, cold tone in his rough voice. He lights up a cigarette and turns around, walking away. You try screaming so that he'd stop and turn back but stop before doing so, being reminded of your hate towards him by something inside you that resembles a pulse. Baalmon's transparent form looks down sadly behind Beelzemon's back, nodding like he's trying to inform he respects your decision. Everything fades to black afterwards.