Ryan

It had been over two months since you and Al had broken up. It had been hard, it didn't make it any easier with Alex constantly texting you telling you he loved you and missed you for the first few weeks of the break up.

"Where the hell are my keys" you mumble under your breath angrily, frantically searching around your small flat for your keys. "There you are!" you smile, grabbing the keys from under your grubby, blue sofa. You check the time on your phone, "Fuck!" you're already five minutes late. You ram your keys into your bag and run out the door.

"I'm so sorry, Ryan!" you run into the coffee shop, your hair messy from all the running. "Don't worry, love," Ryan smiles. You give him a quick hug and go to the counter, you order a coffee and Ryan orders a tea. Ryan smiles, placing a hand on your back,leading you over to a small table by a window. Ryan was a nice guy, and things were going well with him, he started to small talk about the weather. You suddenly find his hand over yours, you look up to find him staring into your eyes.

"Do you want to come out with me tonight, Darcy?" he asks, his hand still placed on top of yours. You hesitate, you feel so guilty, almost like you're cheating on Alex, which is stupid because it was Alex that drunkenly kissed another girl and it was Alex who stayed at her place whilst you were at home worried sick.

"Sure" you finally reply, flashing Ryan a smile.

"Great" he smiles back, he stares at you for a while after that. Ryan's phone starts ringing which makes him jump slightly, he carefully takes his hand off of yours to answer his phone.

"Seriously? Can it not wait, Peter? " he grumbles into the phone. You give him a smile, and take a sip of your coffee. Ryan stands up, looking pissed off at whoever was on the other line of the phone, he grabs his coat and shrugs it on.

"Darcy, I'm so sorry. Work just called, there's been some emergency down at the office. I'm really sorry love, but I'll call you tonight yeah?" Ryan asks,already half out the door.

"Sure, yeah" you smile and in a matter of seconds he is out the door. You sigh slightly and take another sip of your coffee. Your mind wanders off and you find yourself thinking of Alex, you start getting angry at yourself because you thought you had trained yourself not to think of that asshole. You frown at your coffee.

The door of the coffee shop opens but you hardly take any notice, you're still focused on your coffee.

"I'll have a coffee to go cheers, mate" a voice says.

It is a familiar voice with a very thick Sheffield accent. You look up and find Alex stood at the counter of the

coffee shop and your heart starts to race. Alex looked really cute, which was incredibly unfortunate since you thought you were getting over him. He was wearing a striped t-shirt with some old jeans. He was making jokes with the coffee guy, when he glances towards you. His smile fades and his eyes start to fill with tears, none escape his eye though. He half smiles at you, his eyes look really red now. You find yourself smiling back and then you realise he is walking over.

"Darcy" he says, his accent was amazing, way better than you remembered.

"Hello Alex," you say flatly.

"Do you..er..do you mind if I sit down?" he asks "I really want to just talk to you for like five minutes and then I'll leave...please?"

By this point, all the anger about him and another girl faded because all the feelings came flooding back, suffocating you.

"Five minutes?" you ask,

"Please?" he says

You nod and he sits on the opposite chair, the one Ryan was sat on just a couple of minutes ago.