28. Break Time

{Varia headquarter, Italy}

Eyes closed, the cloud remained unmoving on his bed, his ears twitching ever so slightly every time his alarm clock ticked the passing seconds. Rays of sunlight threaded through his half-opened velvety curtains, the door to the bathroom being ajar, perhaps from the late shower the guardian had the other night.

The raven's brows furrowed themselves, his previously peaceful figure seemingly more agitated as a thin layer of sweat started to cover his body. He felt hot, uncomfortable, bothered. The repression of his worries and thoughts about the future had accumulated more than he could have thought and it was starting to show on his body as his mind, which retained these emotions from flowing, slowly withered.

The human psyche could only do this much. It protected us from our darkest desires and pulsions, helped us avoid stepping over the line by unabling us from even thinking about it, contained our dilemma and trauma by erasing and repressing them. Truly a beautiful instrument.

Purple eyes forcefully shot open as ragged breathing started to echo in the calm bedroom. Again, the raven dreaded, how many time had he woken up already? The same dream, repeating itself like a broken cassette, throughout the night without respite. It frustrated him and unnerved him at the same time.

It frustrated him since he couldn't remember what his dream was about, not even a blurry image of it remained when he woke up. It was as if it got entirely erased every time he woke up and reset as he fell asleep once more. He was blind to his mind's struggle.

It unnerved him not to know. Not to have a hint to hold onto and unconsciously feel at ease. What was it that lurked in the shadow of his consciousness? What was it that could have such significant effects on his behavior without him knowing what it was?

Heaving a sigh the guardian in probation leaned against his bed board. He needed to get away from it, from everything that linked him to those dreams. As his left hand passed through his raven looks he narrowed his purple eyes pensively. To begin with, he didn't have any insomniac's symptoms before. They only showed up last night after his brief talk with the Boss and light meal.

Therefore, if he followed the lead the way he learned with psychoanalysis his "trauma" lied with his memories of the future. Perhaps, getting some distance from everything would do him good. To take a step back and look at his situation as a whole, those linked to his memories weren't unknown and if the problem lied with them, either staying or getting away were his sole solutions.