Chapter 7

Ramsay's POV

"My lord my lord!" I hear someone say to me in the corridor. "What is it?" I say quickly. I have been very short ever since my last run in with my father. I have yet to hear from my men that I sent to the Iron Islands and my fathers newborn son has been welcomed into the world. The world where I am now threatened with the chance of being demoted.

"I have word back from the men on the Iron Island," he soldier hands me a scroll and I take it out of his hands. He walks away to leave me alone with the message.

My lord. We have reached the island and talked to some locals. Turns out that the King is dead. Your servant Reek and his sister are no where to be found and their Uncle is ruling instead. They are all afraid of him because everyone thought that he was dead and now he is here. The new king sent soldiers out to all of the Kingdom's to see where he can conquer next. He had heard about the new ruling in the North and has plans to one day take it from you.

We will return with more news, but it is confirmed that the people that were trying to get into your chambers with Lady Sansa were in fact actual Iron Island people, not some imposters. There will be no future attacks since the men have not answered back to the king about what they did in Winterfell. This means that no more attacks will be harming your family.

"Well that solves that problem." I say and stuff the note in my pocket. "Where is my father I would like to see him." I say with a smile on my face. "He is in the hall my lord, why?" A servant says to me. "I have to give him the good news," I say holding up the note I just received.

I have a plan now...

****

As I walk into the throne room my father was talking to some guards that walks about the castle with him. "Please will you give us a moment." I say to the guards who in return look at my father. "Be gone I will be out shortly." My father said and the guards disappeared.

"What is it that you have to tell me Ramsay," my father asks obviously not pleased that I am here. "I just wanted to tell you that I figured out what was going on with the intruders" I said looking at him. "Well I'm glad that you figured that out son." He said looking right back at me. "I believe congratulations are in order for you father. I hear I have a baby brother" I said smiling at him. 

"Thank you Ramsay, I am happy that you mentioned this because it is something that I wanted to talk to you about," my father said to me walking a little bit closer to me. 

This is where he tells me that I am not going to be the heir. This is it. I'm back to being a bastard.

I smile and try not to hide the anger and pain inside of me as my father approaches me. "What would you like to talk about father?" "Well Ramsay you see I have been questioning your ways lately and after that stunt that you pulled with your Wife and the Lord Commander I thought that you were going crazy" he said as I tried to tighten my fist as hard as I could to try not to let out my anger. "But I am willing to look past all that. Since our last talk I got to thinking and you made what was best for you and the Kingdom. If you didn't do that I still wouldn't be the Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell." 

I still wouldn't... not we...

"So son I have decided that even though my wife has bore me a son, I want you to be the Heir to Winterfell. Long may you reign." He says and touches my shoulder. "Thank you father, this means..."