Chapter 12

Sansa's POV:

Hours have gone by and the child still isn't here. "I'm so tired," I say laying back down on the bed. "Darling you cannot stop now." Ramsay said to me. "Please Sansa you got this," Ramsay said. I sit up and see the maester still trying to see if the baby is ready. "You just need to push darling," Ramsay said. "Lady Sansa, when you feel the pain coming back you need to push as hard as you can." Glenda said to me. "Ok," I say as I feel another pain coming from my stomach.

"It hurts" I whimper. "Lady Sansa I can see the head of the baby." Maester Willis said to me. Relief washed over me to know that there was some progress in the labor. "You've got this," Ramsay said kissing my forehead.

I push one more time and I could feel something move from my body. "The child is almost here," Maester Willis said and Ramsay walked over to see what was happening. His eyes were wide when he saw the child. "Oh dear," Ramsay said covering his mouth. "Ramsay," I say to him. He looks at me. "I just saw.." "Yes I know dear please just help me finish this." I say and Ramsay grabs my hand. "It looks like one more push should do." Maester Willis said to me. "Ok," I say and give one more push.

Cries begin to sound in the room and I smile in relief. "It's a boy," Maester Willis said. "A boy," I say looking at Ramsay and he smiles at me. "You did amazing," he said kissing me. "Can I see him?" I say with my arms out stretched waiting for there to be a child in my arms.

The baby is swaddled in furs when he is placed in my arms. "He is so beautiful" I say touching his little features on his face. "You are finally here," Ramsay said sitting on the bed next to me and he touches his little head. "Hello little one," he said smiling at his son. "You have an heir" I said to him. Hoping that he was happy that he got a son. "I have a son, not just an heir." He said looking at me and smiling.

"Thank you," Ramsay said to me. "What are we going to name him?" I say to Ramsay. "Let's think about it first. I want it to mean something." He replied to me. "That sounds perfect," I say to him smiling.

————————————————————————

Ramsay's POV:

I look at Sansa as she holds our child and I couldn't be happier. "Lady Sansa I think you need to rest it has been a long labor" maester Willis said to her. "I just cannot get enough of him," She said touching his nose with her finger.

"I can take him for you love," I said to her holding out my arms. She lifts him up to me and I take him from her. "Hello son," I say looking at him. He is currently asleep In my arms and I can't get enough of him.

"Ramsay when you get tired you can put him in his basket," Sansa said to me looking at me holding our child. "Such a protective mother already," I said bending down to kiss her. "I love you," I say to her. "And I You," she replies.

*****

I bounce back and forth with the baby for what seems like forever. I finally sit down and rock him back and forth. He still rests peacefully in my arms. Maester Willis comes back in to check on Sansa, making sure that she isn't bleeding after the birth and to make sure that she is healthy. "I'll see to it that food is brought up here for you both," he said almost walking out. "Maester Willis can you send up Braedon to speak with me. I want to make sure that the castle hasn't gone crazy since I stepped away." Maester Willis nodded and walked away.

Minutes later Braedon appeared in the doorway. "My lord," he says as he bows. "What is going on with Winterfell. What have I missed."

"Well we have been waiting for the men to return from the latest trip to the Iron Island. Still no move from the new king. Also, her Majesty the Queen Ceresi sends her best. Lastly we have been looking into a new possible ally that you said you wanted to meet and she has agreed to meet you." Braedon finished speaking waiting for me to answer.