Chapter 23

Ramsay's POV:

"Read it Sansa," I say as we all wait in silence at the fate of our Kingdom.

Thank you for reaching out Lord and Lady Bolton. If you wish to become allies it would be best if you meet me so we can discuss terms of our alliance.

-Daenerys Targaryen

"That's all it said?" I say confused and wishing for more. "Thats all it says," Sansa said looking at the back of the scroll to make sure she didn't miss anything. "I guess that means that we are going to Dragonstone." I say grasping my hands together. "Wait Ramsay, how are we going to do this. We both have to go so that means that we have to take Henry." Sansa said with a worried expression on her face.

"We will figure it out later. Someone send an Owl so Daenerys knows that she will be expecting us soon." I say and people run quickly off to do what I say. "Sansa we will figure out what we are going to do with Henry later, we should celebrate that we have an alliance." I say raising my glasses for a cheer. "Ramsay, if she doesn't like us she can have us fed to her dragons for supper." Sansa said not impressed with what I said. 

"Be hopeful my darling, anyone is better than Ceresi." I say taking a swig of my wine. 

For the rest of the evening dinner was relatively quiet and everyone was just going to retire to their chambers. I had Henry in my arms as we walked back to our chambers. We walk in and I set Henry on the bed and watch as he crawls around. "He is such a smart child, at 7 months he is just amazing." I say looking at him with a smile on my face. "Our son and heir," Sansa says sitting at her dresser undoing her hair from a braid. I turn towards her so we can talk. 

"Let's figure this out then darling," I say waiting for her to talk. "Well I think that it would be best for us both to go and meet the Mother of Dragons. But then if something happens then Henry will either be in the crossfire, without parents, or killed with us." Sansa said conflicted. "I know, but trust me darling I think that everything is going to be okay. We have so many things in common with her." I say trying to boost her confidence.

"What do you mean by that?" Sansa said confused. "Well we both don't like who sits on the Iron throne. We both have powerful armies that can defeat anyone. And we are all Kings and Queens looking for what is best for the realm." I say confidently. "What you are saying is making sense but we also have to think that with the both of us around and Henry there it is jeopardizing are lineage to the throne." Sansa said making a really good point. "I know darling, but I just feel like we all have to go so that we can show her who we truly are." I say.

I have this feeling in my gut that is telling me that she is going to accept us because she will see how great we are as parents, as a family, and as rulers. I just know that we will be doing the right thing.

"Ramsay I trust you, if you think that this is the best option then I guess this is the only way that we are going to prove who we really are to the Queen." Sansa said standing up and coming towards me. "I'm very happy that you trust me," I say holding her close to me as I kiss her. I pull her down to join me and Henry in the large bed but she pulls away. "I am going to talk to Arya, see how she is doing after the dispute at dinner." Sansa said placing a kiss on my forehead and then Henry's before walking out the door. 

I place Henry on the floor and watches as he tries to walk, but then falls on his butt. He then goes to play with his toys and I smile. 

I have come so far, I have a family now and I have left my old self behind.

The fact that I am a completely new man makes me happy every single day, and I have Sansa to thank for that.

*****

Sansa's POV: 

I shut the door and head to Brienne's chambers. I need to discuss something with her. The guards let me in and I walk towards her bedroom door. I knock and Brienne opens the door. "Lady Sansa," she bows and lets me in. I quickly sit and speak "I take it you have heard the news," looking at her. "I did my lady that is so great that you heard from her so quickly." She smiles and pours me a glass of wine. I take it and down a few sips. "Is something troubling you my Lady?" Brienne says gesturing to the wine that I normally never drink. 

"I want you to come with us Brienne. To protect us." I say waiting for her response. "I am so grateful to come my lady and glad to fight for you." She says kneeling. "Brienne I know that you can battle any man and win, dragons on the other hand are another problem. If things go south with the alliance I want you to take Henry and leave Dragonstone as fast as you can." I say to her and wait. "My lady, I swear to you that no harm will come to you or your family," she says to me. "I know Brienne and that is why I trust you to take care of my son if something were to happen. Ramsay and I will both be going and Henry is still at my breast so I cannot leave him behind. I trust you Brienne and you will protect him for me." I say standing up and finishing my drink.

"Lady Sansa, I swore to your mother-" "I know you did, now I am making you swear to me to protect my child as we go on this voyage." I say cutting her off. "Brienne I need you to swear or you will be released from my service." I say making my point.

"I swear" she says and kneels once again. "Thank you Brienne you have relieved me of a lot of stress." I say and walk out the door.

As I head back into my chambers Henry is fast asleep and Ramsay is tucking him in our bed. "I thought he could sleep with us tonight." Ramsay says as he takes off his shirt and climbs into bed. "Sounds good with me" I say and get in the bed on the other side of Henry. "What did Arya have to say." He said questioning me. "Nothing much," I say and kissing him on the lips hoping that it will distract him. "Mhmmm" he moans on my lips. "I love you," I say. "And I you," he replies and he kisses me once more before laying down to sleep.

I do the same but I am not able to fall asleep. All I can think about is dragons coming after me and my family.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Thanks all for reading! Excitingness is yet to come!

DDO231D