CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29

Brad heard his parent's talking and then their bedroom door closed. He decided to use the time and tip-toed down the stairs. Hunched over and holding his aching stomach, Brad wanted to go back into the lab. He wasn't sure if his father had already set up new codes to prevent him from ever entering on his own, again but he needed to go back downstairs and check things out.

He went into the den and keyed into the family computer. He wanted to communicate with Rosie. He typed: "< Rosie. Are you there? >"

After a moment, the response came back, "< Of course, are you the Dr. Kane knockoff? >"

"< Very Funny! >"

"< It might have been, except your father wasn't laughing. >"

"< I know and that's why I'm here. You are incredible. You really saved my butt. I thought you were incapable of lying. How'd you do it? >"

"< Well, Master Brad, let's just say I didn't lie, I stated the facts, as I knew them. My system has recorded that 'all codes in the files are under proper authorization,' and that was true. After all weren't you the one who reminded me that you had the proper authorization. In the future, you might clue me in before you try and outsmart me? >"

"< Yeah well, I owe you big time. >"

"< I definitely agree but what payment can I extract that would be worthwhile to me? >"

"< How 'bout this. Thanks Rosie? >"

"< Your welcome, Master Brad. >"

Brad logged out and tip-toed back to his room. He closed his door just as he heard his father opening his. "Whew!" Brad was totally relieved.

###I'm anxious to hear your comments