Chapter 1

Sometimes I wonder about life. Maybe it's some sort of choice....and we just can't seem to find it. He won't be living in the situation anymore in chapter 4...so don't worry lol. Enjoy!
_________\___________\___________

"You'll have to enroll in BlackWoods University like the rest of the students here Mr. Swan."

* * *

Everest POV~

"I can't believe someone burned half our school down. Sadly, my stuff was in there." Katy looks over at me, her brown eyes meeting my sea green ones. I can't believe someone would do such a thing. Who just decides....'I'm going to burn down this school'..... "You know, it's not gonna stop us from dancing. We'll just be attending some other school-"

"That's s-supposedly our rivals..." I look down at my hands and then over at Katy. I've never liked talking to people. I stutter way to much, and when I stutter people tends to make fun of me. It's not my fault I'm shy. Or is it?

So, let's start with today. I've been basically practicing for this performance, trying to fix my awful flaws when some kid comes into the school, yelling fire like a maniac on steroids. I lost half my stuff: phone, backpack, laptop, my pointed ballet shoes, my outfit, my hoodie, a few pieces of gum and a large bag of chips.

Man.....I lost a lot.

Sitting there in silence, Katy decides to cheer me up, saying, "cheer up! Did you know it's a all guy school? I heard their fighters, or some shit like that," she says, smiling brightly. She then tucks a small strand of hair behind her ear, blushing different shades of red and pinks. She very beautiful. She has many freckles, nice dark chocolate hair with amazing dimples. I'm surprise no one has swept her from under her feet. "I'm hoping to find someone. It gets lonely, ya know. Maybe you and I can search for some men if you know what I mean..." she raises her eyebrows at me playfully.

I blush. "N-No way. We need to hurry and get t-to school, alright? Y-yeah. We got t-"

"-to get to school," Katy finishes, eyes rolling all around till they meet mines again. She nudges me playfully on the shoulder. She then gets up a proceeds to live, casting me one last glance. "You better get home. You need to get some better clothes on," she mumbles, giving me a reassuring smile while I sit there staring at the ground. I'm reluctant to move. But I do eventually, knowing my father would....

"Ok."

I get up from off the ground and give Katy a small smile before walking out of her warm house. My house is right next door. As I slowly make my way to my house I feel the warmth go away. My head slumps lower and lower and my shoulders gets more tenser and tenser. I advance my way to my home. I freeze. The doors just in front of me. Maybe he's not here? Maybe he's drunk on the couch, covered in broken glass like yesterday. He had a lot yesterday....

I freeze a little at the sound I keep making.

Slowly wrapping my hand around the knob, I wince. The sound of clicking repeats over and over, breaking my heart into millions and millions of pieces. Why can't this door be quiet for once?!

When the door slowly opens by itself I freeze in my spot like a statue, my blonde hair falling in front of my face like a feather. I imagine my father just standing in front of me. But he wasn't to my surprise. With a small smile on my face I quickly head to my room, grabbing all sorts of things I might need for today. I grab my wallet, a extra pair of shoes and a large, very grey, sweatshirt. I got some other things that were probably not necessary. But I got them anyways, not wanting to leave them behind.