Chapter 17

A blackout happened here so the internet went down! Sorry.

Anyways. Oh! Also, if you haven't checked my new book The Way Of Life would you please do! I really have a good idea for it.

Also. I know some of you want a Luverest and some of you want a Aserest....(not good at mixing names😂) I'm not gonna make a decision right now since it's too early in the book...but when that day comes I'll tell u!

And also....should I do a Lucas and Ash? You know, make another book for them in a alternate universe....that'll be interesting since they hate each other.

OH! And I got my hair done! So that's why I'm wearing a hoodie up there...it's been getting warmer lately.

_________\______________\________

Everest POV~

The ceiling. That's what I've been staring at for the past hour, the reason why my eyes are hurting now, and why I'm still up. There's a spider on the roof. I would have gone, but I was in to much shock; Ash actually likes me, Lucas actually likes me, and I don't know what to do. How did this even happen? How could this have happened? Ash is my step brother, so that shouldn't have started at all. And the whole Lucas thing is a shocker. He's a popular guy, had a beautiful girlfriend; he's the last person I would have caught eyes for, yet he had caught my lips no more than a few hours ago behind the elegant restaurant me and my new family were eating in.

How did him fighting a guy end up with him kissing me? He's my first kiss.

I should be upset! Right? I should be upset that he had taken my first kiss. It was suppose to be with someone I loved.....but I'm not mad....It's still confusing, as I'm not mad at him or Ash in the slightest: I'm just confused. I don't know what to do or how to feel, what I need to do or where to go from here on. And this isn't all. I still have a lot more to go off on.

*Ding*

Light aluminates from my phone, bringing me out of my morbid mind and forcing me to discard the creepy spider. I look at my phone. Katy's name pops up on my screen. The guilt of not texting her hits me hard while I pick up my phone. I sigh; I haven't really talked to her, and the day after tomorrow's practice will be with everyone and not just me.

[Katy❤️Message- How r u? You've been distant lately....is everything alright?]

Guilt trickled onto my face with every passing second. I can't believe I didn't texted here. She doesn't deserve that from me; I need to really focus on her and I more this week, she's my best friend. I need to be there for her.

[Me😊Message~ I'm fine....just a lot going through my head....]

[Katy❤️Message~ Tell me everything wednsday! I promise it'll make u feel better.....I just had this feeling something was wrong.]

Should I just tell her everything that had happened? It'll most likely take all the stress or my chest, and she's great at giving advices; she's that type of person to give you the hard truth. That's why I love her. She doesn't hide away, or moves when someone else moves. She's just there. She's living in the moment, telling the truth.

[Me😊Message- Kk.....um....I definitely will....thx.]

[Katy❤️Message- tea's gonna spill😄😄😛 🤭🤫 Sorry, LoL. Goodnight!]

[Me😊Message- Gn!]

Silence is meet with me again instead of my temped tapping skills. I look around the room, my eyes landing on one of my older toys when I was younger, still and dusty. I smile brightly at the toy. "I'll always remember to keep you," I promise brightly under my breaths, in hope to give it to my kids; yes, I want kids. I've always thought about adoption since I didn't want to, you know....I'm just not into that.