Chapter 23

So, I've been updating a little slower lately since all my class work is catching up with me: papers, files, resumes for jobs that I'll be taking for them summer. All those good things...*Sarcasm ALERT!*

Anyways. My boyfriend has been with his grandparents for awhile and he'll let me talk to them here and there, but I haven't talked to him about the situations I've been having.

Someone slippered a letter in my locker saying, "I've liked you for awhile; yes you know me, and yes, I'm a very good looking person so this should be easy. I know you'll figure it out.....and imma guy soooo....hope that doesn't turn you off."

LIKE WHAT? If Andre founds out he'll most likely punch the hell out of whoever this is...but whoever said that said he was a great friend....IDK

And then today I found a flower attached to my locker, and there was this letter saying all these sweet things about me and my singing...which is weird, but at the same time alluring to know who it is👀 Like....I'm the new kid kinda, so I don't know everybody.

Anyways!!!! Sorry for ranting! Enjoy the story!!

____________\_________\__________

I ran until I couldn't breath anymore. The more I ran, the more I could feel my inner stomach cramp in pain. It's not enough to makes me stop at any point, but it's sure annoying to feel it. I should've eaten today, really. The more these thoughts of Brittney floods through my head the more afraid I get.

How could I be so blind?! Yes, I was a little kid, and yes, I didn't know what was happening at the time. But I could've thought things through before not forgiving her. I'll admit what she did was bad. But I can't hold this against her. I just can't do that to her; she deserves better; she doesn't need this feeling of want, to seek out attention in men that her father had taught her so long ago to have and want; it's disgusting and I won't allow her to do this whole thing anymore.

The sky is a aluminum of darkness and light. Casting off its silver streaks, I see a car ahead shine its bright lights; I didn't know why I supposed, but I for for a good solid minute and just stood there. The car doesn't move and the more I stand there the more uncomfortable I get.

I should just keep going.

Once I move the car moved. Everything around me seemed to stop at that moment and the only thing I could think about was....sex traffickers. I've heard about it many, many, many times before....and I continue hearing about it to this day. It's a random thing to think, but you can't be sure. Like when someone has their hands in their hoodie and they're walking behind you....I think mugger/killer. When you're at the club and some stranger buys you a drink...I think rapist. But when I see someone in a vehicle; I think straight up trafficking and I don't care if I'm being a little irrational.

I stare at the car with wary eyes, already not feeling good about any of this; I just need to get to Brittney.

After a few seconds I decide to ignore the person in the car and just continue on leaving my life like any normal person would. I needed to act calm. I didn't need to do anything irrational in the moment and I will not do anything irrational. I just need to take in deep breaths and....Soon as my feet start that moving motion the car starts sprouting out to life and without even knowing....I was running.

Who was about to walk and get caught? Not me!

A few turns here and there and the sound of engines firing up prances behind me. My whole instinct was telling me that if I stopped, or even turned around, that I'll be in big trouble. So I run as fast as I can, already so close to Brittney's house. While I'm on the run I see her house come into view and smile, already at her doorstep by the time I sighed. I knock on the door repeatedly only to have no one answer in return. Then I start to pound really hard. Like, really hard. "Let me in!" I yelled, only to receive perfect silence. The more I knock, the more nervous I get. "Please!" I knock on the door one more time only for it to crack up slowly.