Chapter 6

Getting up in the morning is hard...definitely for school:/
_______\___________\__________\__

Everest POV~

"I can't do it!"

"Yes you can!"

"No, I really can't."

Ash keeps trying to teach me some of his dance moves, but I suck at literally everything he throws at me. And, I'm really not doing well. I'm dying on the inside, knowing deep down that I'm embarrassing myself with these horrible moves. And he just keeps staring at me, unimpressed. I hate it! For someone like me, that means I'm not good enough.

Anyways.

Our parents were suppose to be here a hour ago. I'm so glad Ash decided to cook roast beef; because the crockpot would never let it the food go cold, and that's for a fact.

I wonder what's taking them so long?

"I can't do it," I breath out in frustration. Every time I move, I feel my back straighten up to perfection. And my feet keeps pointing.

Ash starts moving his arms, and man did it look like water. The way his body moves is cool. But when I try to attempt these moves, I end up looking like a baby flailing for their parents. Every time I move, I feel stuck.

When he dances, my ballet training starts kicking in. His feet are not in perfect format. His arms are way to loose. His legs aren't straight up, but instead bent. His head isn't held high; his head is held very low and I don't like it.

We try over and over, but end up the same. I would fall to the floor in frustration while he stares down at me with amusement. He's really enjoying himself. I mean, I'm failing right now. But you can't blame me. I'm built for ballet. He's built for hip hop. He's with all the modern things while I'm with all the past tense and stuff.

"My turn....to teach you." I say this and smile, trying to catch my breath. I didn't wait for him to answer. I didn't need his approval. He'll do it. He promised.

I can hear Ash groaning a little, but I wasn't bother by it.

And the shoes he's wearing. I know it's not part of the dance, but he really needs another pair. I can see a hole under it.

"You need better shoes," I whisper out.

Ash looks down at his shoes, frowning.

"Why? There perfectly fine."

I stare down at his shoes. Then, I point at the destruction and show him a small hole under it. He sighs, frowning. "I just bought these shoes yesterday! Oh, my dads gonna be pissed." Ash sits down on the floor, hands in his hair.

I sit next to him. "Y-You can get a new pair, right?" My sea green eyes look up at him. He looks back at me for a good moment....before laughing in my face like a maniac.

I swear I didn't say anything funny!

I watch Ash rub his face, still laughing. It makes me frown even more. What's so funny?

When Ash stops laughing, I ask, "what's funny?"

Sometimes I just want to stick a toothpick under his toe. (First off, ouch. That happened to my cousin once.)

I feel that people get amused by me easily. I don't do anything! I just ask people simple question and boom! They laugh like it's the funniest thing in the world; I didn't know I was a clown.

He just smiles. "It's just. You're asking me if I could get a new pair of shoes; I have like 80 pairs in my closet."

What?! Who has that many shoes?! Why???!!!