Black Dress.

I wake to the feeling of a gentle breeze kissing my bare skin, the sound of birds chirping leading me to believe the windows were open. I lay on my stomach, arms hugging the pillow to my cheek, and the bed sheets resting just below the small of my back.

A smile spreads onto my lips when I feel his fingers trace up my spine, soon being replaced by his lips.

"Happy birthday beautiful." Hero whispers.

My eyes fly open and I shift my body so I'm facing him. "What?"

"Happy birthday, Jo." He laughs before pressing a tender kiss to my lips.

I shake my head in disbelief. "Wait... is it really my..."

I sit up and reach over to the bedside table, grabbing my phone off of it.

August 18th. 

"Oh my god." I say with a laugh.

"What?" Hero smirks.

"I forgot my birthday!"

"Good thing I didn't." He says proudly.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Was this another one of your surprises?"

"Yes. How'd I do?" He grins.

"Consider me surprised." I admit. "I guess between filming and Annie, it must've completely escaped my mind."

"Well," Hero says, lifting my hand from the mattress. "Let's not dwell on it for too long. Why don't I make us some breakfast?"

"Breakfast sounds good." I hum, leaning my forehead against his.

He presses his lips against mine before throwing the covers back. He pulls a pair of black shorts on before disappearing from the room.

"Aren't you going to join me?" He calls in amusement from the hallway.

I take my bottom lip between my teeth and remove myself from the bed. I lift Hero's gray sweater from yesterday and pull it over my head before pulling the pink lace panties over the curve of my backside.

Hero was standing in front of the large island when I enter the kitchen, lifting food and drinks out of paper bags. "When did you get all of this food?" I ask.

"This morning while you were still asleep." He tells me. "There's a little town about thirty minutes from here."

"Oh." I simply say before moving to stand next to him.

"What do you want on your pancakes?" He asks, turning the built-in stove on.

I eye the container of strawberries which were bright red and plump. "Those look good."

"I thought so too." He smiles and turns the faucet on to rinse them off. I lift a strawberry from the container and bring it between my lips. I hum in satisfaction as the sweetness of the fruit splashes onto my tongue, knowing that Hero was watching my every move.

I look up at him through my lashes and watch as he brushes his tongue along his bottom lip.

"They were good after all." I shrug.

Hero steps towards me, his height towering over mine as I rest my hands on his bare torso. "Maybe I should have a taste then..." He says softly before dipping his head.

His lips latch onto my bottom one, gently sucking at the delicate skin. I reach my hands up and intertwine my fingers in his hair, pulling him deeper into the kiss.

Hero's hands gently squeeze at my backside, making me gasp into his mouth as he lifts me up and onto the marble counter. I jump slightly from the contact of the cool counter hitting my warm skin.