Our Souls.

A week later...

"Hold still, Jo." Katherine says with a laugh as she fastens the ivory buttons on the back of my gown.

"Sorry." I gush. "I'm just so nervous."

"You'll be fine." Anna assures me.

"What if I forget my vows? I wrote them down. I think I wrote them down... I wrote them down right?"

"Yes, Jo. You wrote them down." My sister huffs.

Today was the biggest day of my life.

My wedding day.

I could hardly feel my legs. My heart was beating so fast that it was nearly blocking out every other sound in the world.

Hero and I had decided to get married in the gardens where he proposed to me. We were thankful that we were able to fly our friends and family to England given that it was such short notice.

It was going to be an intimate ceremony in an intimate place. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect.

Ironically, the date we were getting married on was April 12th.

It amazed me how fate worked wonders sometimes.

I stood in the bedroom of the cottage as Katherine helped me get ready. I chose Katherine to be my maid of honor, and Anna to be a bridesmaid. They were two of the most important women in my life, and I wanted them up there with me when Hero and I said, 'I do'.

I hadn't seen Hero all afternoon, which only increased my stress levels.

"Alright Jo." Katherine says before turning me around.

I lift my eyes to look at myself in the mirror, and I can't help the tears falling from my eyes.

"You look beautiful." Anna tells me.

My wedding dress was a lace ball gown with flowers stitched into the upper part of the bodes and scattering around the skirt. The sleeves hung off of my shoulders. My veil matched the dress, with a few lace flowers adorning the top. My mum had given me her headpiece that she wore to her wedding but added blue diamonds onto it.

"Don't cry Jo, you'll mess up your makeup. And I'll have to do it over again." Katherine says with a laugh.

I turn around and smile at her, admiring how beautiful she looked in her champagne colored gown. Anna wore a similar dress to match hers.

"Muma!" I hear Annie coo. She was perched up on the bed, watching me with her big green eyes. Her dress was similar to mine, but there were more lace flowers covering the perimeter of the dress.

"What do you think, Annie?" I smile down at her. "How does Mummy look?"

Annie squeals in response, bouncing up and down on the mattress.

"I think she likes it." Anna grins.

I hear a knock at the door and my dad opens it slightly. "Ready?"

"No." I choke out, frantically shaking my head.

"You'll be fine." Katherine says, leaning in to press a kiss to my cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too." I smile at her.

Anna pulls me in for a hug. "You've got this, Jo."

"Thanks for being here Anna." I tell her wholeheartedly.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Anna lifts Annie off of the bed, letting me kiss her forehead before taking her out of the room. I lift my bouquet off of the bed, which consisted of red, white, and pink roses.