Night Changes.

(Hero's POV)

It's cold and raining when we land in London, which was nothing new of course. I was staying with my parents for the week, opting to kill two birds with one stone while I was here. Work and visiting family.

Thankfully, it was currently four in the morning so I wouldn't be bombarded with questions about Jo and the baby. I rent a car from the airport before Felix and I head into South London.

"Are you staying with us?" I ask him quietly as we enter my parents' neighborhood.

"Nah, I'll just get a hotel room close by or something."

"You're staying with us." I say with a laugh.

"I don't know, Hero..." He replies slowly as I park the car in the driveway.

"Titan moved in with his girlfriend, so we've got a spare bedroom. It won't be a problem." I assure him before turning the ignition off.

"Good, cause that couch has been murdering my back." He chuckles before getting out of the car.

We take our bags out of the backseat before walking up the brick steps to the front door. I attempt to open and close the door as quickly and quietly as possible, but the sound of barking echoing through the house startles me.

"Diesel!" I whisper harshly at my dog who prances towards me. He jumps up onto my lap as I kneel down in front of him. "Are you trying to wake everyone up?"

"I'm going to bed mate, I'm exhausted." Felix says softly to me before showing himself to Titan's old room.

I pat Diesel's head one more time before standing up and making my way into my bedroom. The bed was neatly made and there wasn't a speck of dust or clutter to be found anywhere. It was almost as if the room hadn't been untouched for months now.

I drop my bag to the floor and remove every piece of clothing on me except for my sweatpants. Then, I pull back the duvet before getting into bed, sleep rapidly consuming me.

***

"Hero." I hear my mum's voice softly say, feeling her hand on my bare shoulder.

"Hmm?" I groan into my pillow.

"Hello, my love."

"Hi mum." I reply, my voice groggy. I can't bring myself to open my eyes, as the curtains of my window were drawn back.

"How was your flight?"

"Fine."

"When did you get in?"

"Around four." I yawn.

"Have you heard from Josephine?" She asks, standing up from the bed.

I shake my head slightly in response and slowly open my eyes. "Not yet. What time is it?"

"One o'clock." She responds before picking up the laundry basket from the edge of the bed. "Come on, I've made brunch."

When she leaves the room, I slowly sit up and reach over to the nightstand to check my phone.

There were several messages from Josephine, asking if I was alright.

A smile spreads across my lips as I tell her that I'm okay and that I love her.

I don't know how I was going to get through this week without her. She had become a piece of me, and when I left her standing there in the rain, it felt as though I left half of me with her.

My better half.

After sending the text, I stand from the bed and make my way into the kitchen where my sister and Felix were playing a game of cards.