Waiting Game.

I sat at the edge of the tub, my leg bent at the knee in front of me as I attempted to each over my bump and paint the navy-blue varnish on my nail.

I groan in frustration as Jellybean was getting in the way but realize that I only have a few more days left to go.

Jellybean was due on May fifth, and I hoped that he or she would come sooner rather than later. I was so tired and sore. It's been a long nine months to say the least.

When I mess up on my big toe for the third time in a row, I figure it's best to give up.

Unless...

"Hero!" I call to him, a smirk spreading onto my lips.

When he doesn't answer, I call to him again only this time with a louder tone.

I hear his loud footsteps echoing through the apartment before the bathroom door swings open.

"What's wrong?" He pants, eyes widening.

I hold the nail varnish up to him, my smirk growing. "Can you do me a favor?"

His eyes narrow as he runs his hands frantically through his hair. "Damnit Jo don't do that. I thought you had gone into labor or something."

"Sorry." I gush.

He takes a seat next to me on the tub before taking the varnish from me. "What do you need?"

"Can you paint my toenails for me?"

He stares at me with a black expression. "No."

"Hero, please?" I beg. "I want to look nice."

His eyes soften at my words. "You always look nice, Jo."

"Thanks, babe." I smile at him.

He holds the varnish up to his face, inspecting it before he lets out a heavy sigh. "Fine."

I smile triumphantly as he takes my foot and rests it on his lap.

Hero actually does a nice job, making sure the varnish was getting onto each nail.

"How're you doing?" I ask him after a while.

"Shhhh, I'm on a roll baby."

Once he finishes, I inspect my toenails before giving my nod of approval. "You're the best."

"Yeah, yeah." He gushes before giving me back the bottle. "We've got that birthing class today."

"Okay, let me change really quick." I say as he helps me off of the tub.

"You look fine in that." Hero gestures to his shirt which was the only article of clothing that I was currently wearing.

"I'm not going in this." I tell him before heading for the closet.

I put on a gray t-shirt dress and pull black leggings up my legs. I stand in front of the mirror and brush out my hair, which has surpassed my shoulders after not having the time or the patience to get it cut. On my way out, I slide into my black Birkenstocks.

"Ready." I say to Hero who was pulling a black pullover on.

They offered birthing classes at the women's health center that I see Dr. Monroe at. Ironically, his wife Helen teaches the class.

They have a room in the back of the office which almost looked like a yoga studio, with mirrors lining the back wall. There were various mats and exercise equipment spread around the room.

There were several other couples there when Hero and I walk into the studio, many of them who looked much older and more prepared to have a child.

Helen instructs us all to take a mat and sit down next to our partners. Hero quickly grabs a mat for me before laying it down in front of us. Helen picks up her phone and begins playing spa music through a small speaker.