London Calling.

(Hero's POV)

The sound of my phone vibrating on the coffee table startles me awake, causing me to nearly fall off of the couch.

I brace myself with my hand, pushing my weight up and back onto the cushions before quickly reaching for the phone.

"Hello?" I groan into the speaker.

"Hello Hero, this is David Cunningham from IMG Models."

My eyes widen and I sit up, pressing the phone harder against my ear. "Mr. Cunningham... this is a surprise."

"Yes well, I'm just glad I still had your number saved." He chuckles. "I was wondering if you'd be willing to come in for an interview tomorrow afternoon?"

I blink a few times, trying to process what he had just said. "Erm... what?"

"Is there a problem?" Mr. Cunningham asks sternly.

"Well," I choke out. "With all due respect sir, I didn't think I'd hear from you ever again."

"I didn't think you'd be hearing from me again either, Hero. But I received an anonymous phone call from someone begging me to give you a second chance. It took a lot of convincing to persuade me, but if you're as good as this person says you are then I would like to hear more during an interview tomorrow. What do you say?"

I couldn't find any words to say. Was I really getting a second chance? This could be it. This could change my career forever, and I was not about to fuck it up again. "Yes." I quickly say into the speaker. "Where and what time?"

"My office at three." He says before hanging up.

I quickly stand from the couch and race into the bedroom.

"Jo?" I call to her, after seeing that the room was empty.

When I hear her muffled voice coming from the nursery, a small smile spreads across my face.

I slowly walk towards the door and slide it open to see Jo rocking back and forth in her chair, holding a poetry book in front of her.

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." She reads.

I watch her in awe, as she reads to our unborn child.

Making the decision to keep the baby has brought us closer together in ways I couldn't even begin to think were possible.

I knew that Jo wanted to keep the baby from the moment she told me she was pregnant, even though she tried to deny it.

Even after I tried to deny it.

I fought with myself just as much as she did, between seeing how difficult or much happier our lives could actually be. All it took was feeling my child under my touch, and I was sold.

I kneel down beside Josephine, taking her hand in mine and gently kissing the top of it. "What're you doing?"

"Reading to the baby." She whispers quietly.

I lean my head over her bump, lowering my voice as if I were only talking to the baby. "Can I borrow your mum for a second, I have to tell her something."

Jo's laughter fills the room as I lift my head back up so that I'm eyelevel with her. "What do you have to tell me?"

"I just got off the phone with David Cunningham... from IMG Models."

Jo's hand flies up to her mouth, her eyes widening. "Hero!"

"Apparently, he got an anonymous call from someone begging him to give me a second chance... you wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?" I smirk at her.