Epilogue.

Nineteen years later...

(Annie's POV)

"I'm so nervous." I gush, glancing over at my boyfriend.

"Babe, it's fine." Toby says with a laugh. "It's just your parents."

"And that's exactly why I'm nervous!" I exclaim.

I fiddle with my rocket bracelet on my wrist, sliding it back and forth as I watch the brick buildings fly by us.

It's been a while since I've seen my parents, given that my career keeps me away from home most of the time.

I should be excited to see Mum and Dad but knowing that I bore the news that I did made me feel anxious.

We drive through the Upper East Side, watching as city dwellers carry bags filled with clothes that they'll never wear in their lifetime.

When we reach the apartment, my entire body goes numb. "Promise me you won't run. Even if my dad threatens to kill you." I half joke.

"Please. Your dad loves me!" Toby says with a grin.

He takes my hand in his and lifts it to his lips, kissing the top of it gently. "I promise I'll be right here the whole time."

I lean over and press my lips against his, feeling security wash over my anxiety. I jump slightly when I hear tapping on the window, and I turn to see my little brother.

His lips are turned up in a smirk, his dark hair brushed back from his forehead, and his blue eyes humorously watching us.

Beau removes the cigarette between his lips before opening the door for me, laughing as I shoot him a death glare.

"Hello little sis." He says.

"I'm three years older than you." I retort.

"Age, yes. Size, never." Beau laughs.

"When did you get in?" I ask.

"A few days ago. I was just on a walk."

Beau moves towards the steps of the apartment. Toby comes around the car, taking my hand in his as we follow Beau.

"Mum!" I hear Beau's voice echo through the apartment once he opens the door.

"In here, love." I hear my mum call to him. "Did you pick up the wine like I asked?"

"Oh..." Beau quietly says, ruffling his hands through his hair. "Hah, I had a feeling I forgot something."

I hear my mum release a heavy sigh. "Beau, I wanted to have something for when Annie..." She rounds the corner of the kitchen, stopping dead in her tracks when she sees me. "Annie!"

"Mum!" I gush, running towards her.

She pulls me into her arms, hugging me tightly. "Hi Jellybean."

"Mum." I groan, feeling the blush rising through my cheeks. I pull away from her, glancing back at Toby who was watching us in amusement. Even though I've known Toby my entire life, I was still embarrassed by the nickname my mum insisted on using to this day from when I was an infant.

However, I will never admit it to her, but I love it.

"What?" She asks raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing, it's just... kind of embarrassing that's all."

"Well I'm your mum, I can do whatever I want." She tells me. My mum then turns her head towards the living room. "Hero! Anna's here!"

"Anna?" I hear my dad call. "Anna Todd?"