Mother, Father.

I stood in front of the mirror, turning left to right as I examined my growing stomach. Being three months into my pregnancy, my stomach had already begun to grow. Thankfully it wasn't too noticeable if I wore baggy clothing, but there definitely was a bump.

Hero and I were meeting with the couple who we took an interest in from the newspaper today. I had a feeling that they were going to be the couple that we decided to go with, but I felt that it would be a better idea to meet with others first in case my opinion swayed.

From drug addicts, to single parents, to lost causes, I think it's safe to say that the Hanson's were our best option.

Jane and Aaron Hanson. Twenty-four and twenty-five-year-old married couple. They've been married for three years and they have a two-year-old adopted son named Toby. Jane is a stay at home mom while Aaron is a lawyer in the city.

I only spoke to Jane on the phone and from what it sounded like, she was a sweet lady.

They were coming by at three. I wasn't entirely sure what to say or do. I guess, like I've been thinking, I just want to make sure I'm giving this child to decent people.

I decided on a white cashmere sweater that came down to my thighs, a pair of black pleather leggings, and black slip on loafers.

I tried not to go too overboard with my hair and makeup. There wasn't a reason to really. Maybe it was because I was nervous.

"You look fine." I hear Hero say, and I jump slightly.

I hadn't realized he was standing in the doorway. His hair was left untamed as it settled on top of his head, being constantly brushed back. He was wearing a black sweater and jeans with only wool socks covering his feet. "You scared me." I gush.

"Why're you getting all dolled up for these people?"

"Because I don't want them to think the mother of their unborn child is a lunatic, okay?" I huff before deciding to leave my hair down after fighting to put it in a bun for the past five minutes.

"Jo." Hero chuckles before stepping closer to me. "You look lovely."

"Oh, shut up." I groan before brushing past him.

"I made some tea for them." Hero says as he follows me out of the room. "I'm also going to give them the picture Dr. Monroe had printed for us... them. Do you think we need anything else?"

"I don't think so." I shrug. "We can just see for ourselves when they get here, I guess."

"Okay." Hero says quietly.

We stand in awkward silence for a few minutes before I glance over at the time. "They should be here in about ten minutes so... I guess we can just wait."

"Yup." He nods.

"Are we doing the right thing?" I ask at the same time he asks, "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine." I quickly answer.

"I think so."

There's a knock at the door at three o'clock on the dot. Hero quickly goes to answer it and that's when I first see them.

The parents.

Jane, a beautiful woman, had a very structured face. Her high cheekbones were a rosy color and her eyes were the color of the ocean. Her teeth were perfectly straight, and her lips were the perfect shade of pink. Her dark hair fell in waves down to her shoulders with amber highlights swirling in and out of the ringlets.

She was almost as tall as her husband, Aaron. He had dark hair and a clean-cut beard which hid the square shape of his jawline. His eyes were a hazel brown color and his teeth were just as straight as Jane's, if not straighter.