An Unlikely Alliance

Thomas kept calling me.

Almost every five minutes.

So I turned my phone off.

I was so frustrated, with Thomas, Maria, and Charles. I was mad at the 3 people who actually spoke to me.

I felt so alone. I had no one to talk to, but it's not like I ever did before that year of school, besides my closest brother, Francis.

My creative writing class was growing boring as we had work time for our essays, which I didn't need. I thought about leaving early, but I didn't have anything else to do. I needed something to do. To keep mind off of the problem at hand.

I decided to turn my phone again, after much mental debating. There were 9 more missed calls from Thomas. He didn't send any texts, just called.

I got out of my seat, gathered my things and went into the hallway, calling Thomas back. I couldn't ignore him forever.

Well I suppose I could've, I just didn't want to.

He picked up instantly.

"James?" His voice sounded scratchy and hoarse.

"Uh... yeah?" I swallowed dryly.

"Why haven't you answered my calls?"

"Class," I lied. I guess it wasn't a full lie.

"Okay, Yeah... okay. Well... um, I'm sorry. About this morning, I know you have a boyfriend but it's just I'm obsessed with you, James. I can't stop thinking about you, I tried just to be your friend but it's so hard just to watch you be you, and have you not know that how amazing you are. Jesus Christ I'm so sorry..." I think he was crying.

I was completely and utterly speechless. I felt the same way, but not sorry for him, sorry because of guilt that I had a boyfriend; a boyfriend who wouldn't let me do anything that he didn't want.

"James?" He said after a minute.

"Yeah...? I- can't, it's just..." How should I say it? Thomas, I'm also obsessed with you, I want to kiss you, I like you more than my boyfriend, I just can't cheat on anyone, but maybe I could, just for you. "Charles."

"Yeah, I know but you don't really love him do you?"

I contemplated an answer for a few seconds. The answer was no. "Why would you even ask me that?"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. I can't bear to see you with him..."

"I'm sorry..." I hung up on him. That was bitch move but I was in a bitchy mood.

//time skip of a few hours//

I was at the campus Chick-Fil-A eating a chicken sandwich and drinking a frozen lemonade, on my laptop scrolling through Twitter when the one and only Alexander Hamilton burst into the room.

"Madison!!!" He exclaimed, eyeing the room for me. Once he spotted his target he came storming over.

I slammed my laptop lid shut, not wanting him to know I kept up with PewDiePie's Twitter.

"Where the fuck is John?" He slid into the chair in front of me.

"How would I know that? He's not my boyfriend." I took a sip of my lemonade.

"Well he did go out with your boyfriend the extreme dickwad, Charles Lee."

I raised my eyebrows. I don't know how I was keeping my cool. "Your boyfriend went out with my boyfriend?"