Horrible Memories-Eleven

Virgil's POV

I wake up in my room, but half of my wall paintings are gone. I look at the calendar above my head, Valentine's Day, 2008.  When I look around I see a figure I haven't seen in years laying next to me. I realize it's my ex. Richard.

"Hey... Richard. Wake up." I can hear the worry and concern in my voice.

"What's up babe?"

"Do you know what today is?"

"It's Saturday. Thomas doesn't have any lessons. Go back to sleep."

"Right. I'm a bit hungry though. I might get some food."

"Alright babe."

I get up out of bed and make my way to the kitchen where I meet Leo and Markus. We greet each other and then Markus and Leo go straight to laughing and looking at each other intensely.

"Just kiss already! It's Valentine's Day."

"Of course the one with a boyfriend would say that." Leo teases.

"At least I have one!" I snicker than go to grab an apple.

"Too bad Thomas doesn't have any lessons."

"Yeah. I wanna mess with him today."

"Well. What are you planning to do with Richard?"

"Not sure. I'm not one for romantic gestures. Just dinner and a movie or something."

"But you've been dating for over a year now." Markus points out.

"I mean yeah. But I'm not good with stuff like that. That's that one light-siders' job."

"True true."

I lean against the fridge, "I might watch a movie with him this year. Last year we decorated with black decorations."

"Yeah. But there's no way I'm doing that again." Leo and Markus say in unison.

"Yeah me neither. I'm gonna go see what Thomas is doing and what those idiots are helping him with."

"Dude yeah! Tells us if it's something good!"

"Obviously."

"Well. I guess we'll see you later."

"Yeah." I finish off. I then make my way up the stairs and walk to my room. 

I'm about to unlock the door, Valentine's gifts hiding in my wings behind my back when I hear something coming from inside. I walk in the door and see Richard laying on the ground almost hysterically crying.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm about to do something stupid."

"And what's that?" I ask my voice getting worried and my hands getting shaky.

"Sit down." Richard tells me. I do as I'm told and sit down on the cold floor.

"Okay. What's up?"

"Well um... I know it's Valentine's Day."

"Yeah. So?"

"But I'm breaking up with you." I take a moment to consider what he said. And once I do, I feel something shatter inside of me. My heart. 

My face turns to stone and I stand up tall. I drop the presents hidden behind my back and pick the boy up by his collar. He gasps very audibly and I snicker at this.

I lean close to his hear and mutter through gritted teeth, "Get out of my room. Never come back. And NEVER talk to me nor my friends again. Got it?"