Dream Walking-Fourteen

Virgil's POV

I can hear people talking but I ignore it and slip on my sound canceling head phones. I turn on the Synthesis album by Evanescence. 

I close my eyes and fall into a dream walking state. I scan the house to see if anyone is asleep. The dark siders are awake as always but most of them have the same dream every night. I see that Roman is asleep by now so I figure I'd hop into his dream. A new experience.

When I get into his dream I'm floating in what I think is his room. I can see him dancing around dusting off his 101 posters and then he walks out of his door. I follow him. He walks outside of the house and around the town. He's humming to A Spoonful of Sugar from Mary Poppins. A usual.

He meets up with a person I don't recognize. Probably one of the light-siders as I know the other dark-siders. 

"Hey Gratitude."

"Heyo Roman. Whatcha need today?"

"I wanna talk about Anxiety."

"Ah. That one main kid. The emotionless one."

"Yeah."

Emotionless? Since when was I emotionless? I guess I don't ever really show emotion to the guys.

"Well, I talked to him toda-."

Suddenly a weird thing pops out of no where and Roman pulls out his sword.

"Do you really think you can win against me dragon-witch?"

The dragon-witch huffs and smoke comes streaming out of his nostrils. The evil, untalkable way of saying 'I'm going to destroy you.'

Roman charges at the monster, but it dodges quickly and swipes at him.

I can hear Roman make a noise from his room through my headphones somehow. It must be pretty loud.

Roman gets knocked back into the person he was talking to earlier.

That's when I decide I should help him. So I quickly go over to behind the foot of the dragon-witch.

Roman's POV

I hear my wrist snap when I fly into Gratitude. That concerns me. 

Then I hear the dragon-witch make a struggling noise. When I look up, I see Anxiety is on top of the dragon-witch and strangling him with a rope. 

The dragon-witch falls to the ground and the light fades from his eyes. And Anxiety is... gone.

Anxiety's POV

After I killed the dragon-witch in Roman's dream I see who else is asleep.

Patton is asleep, so I hop into his dream.

He is sitting in a beautiful flowery green field staring up at the clouds. But he doesn't seem to be able to see any shapes, so I head up to the clouds.

I take a small one and turn it into a heart. When I look back down, Patton has a smile from eye to eye.

I take another cloud and turn it into a dog. And one into a cat. They're his favorite animals.

I smile at Patton's fascinated face.

I head back down to the fatherly figure to see Logan joining Patton on the blanket. He lays down and closes his eyes.

Patton taps Logan's arm, "Logan! Look. That cloud looks like a dog and the other one looks like a cat."

Logan opens his eyes and looks into the sky. "You are quite right Patton. What a wonderful phenomenon."

They smile. I am shocked when I see Logan... showing emotion.

It's just a dream. Patton is controlling it, he's making Logan smile in his dream. Is Patton controlling it? I ask myself sitting on a branch in a lonely tree not far from the hill that they're on.

"I suppose it's time for me to get some rest of my own." I mutter to myself. When I look at the clock it reads 12:36. I've been doing this for a while.

I unplug my head phones and plug in my phone to charge. I then scroll through my music until I find a good playlist to fall asleep to. I choose my usual one, I find that this playlist helps nightmares to stay away. I'm not sure how.

I wonder if I can talk to Logan about that. He's smart. He might know.

<><><><><><><><><><>

I wake at 4 AM to the soft hum of music. I reach over and turn my playlist off. 

"Logan probably isn't awake right now."

I close my eyes to scan how many people are asleep. Patton, Roman, Thomas, Markus, Leo, Logan... Richard.

"So I can't talk to him right now. Or anyone at that." I mutter. I then get from on top of the sheets, only to realize that I have a headache. Great! It's probably from the dream walking I did earlier. I grab a book from my bookshelf and sit down in one of my beanbag chairs, then start reading.

So the vampire dream walking thing might need some explanation. So. when Virgil or other vampires enter people's dreams, he is basically lucid dreaming but it's a conjoined dream based on his own choice. It doesn't matter if the other person is livid dreaming, the vampire is always livid dreaming.

Hope that made sense.