rainy days // river phoenix

You wake up to gentle grey light streaming through your window and the soft sound of rain pattering on the roof. The alarm clock blinks. 9:26 am.
You turn and look outside at the somewhat bustling New York street, people holding assorted items over their heads, trying to keep the rain away.
You sit up, rubbing your eyes and turn to see your boyfriend, River, curled up next to you. The moving shadow of rain coming from your window illuminates his face, his slightly upturned nose, his soft eyelashes brushing his cheeks, his tousled hair. You smile and kiss his cheek gently.
He seemingly wakes up and wraps his arm around your waist, pulling you down to his side.
"Good morning." you say quietly.
"Morning." he mutters, turning to kiss your forehead, keeping his arms around you.
"River, we have to get up." You say, starting to sit up.
"What? No we don't. Just a couple more minutes..." He says, a hint of whining in his voice.
"River, I'm starving. I want to make some breakfast and you're kinda stopping me from doing that."
"Okay, okay. Ten more minutes."
You laugh. "River..." you say, as he pulls you back down. You move your head to the crook of his neck and fall back asleep as he kisses you softly.
When you wake up next, it's to the sound of sizzling and the scent of strawberries and matcha. "What're you doing?" you murmur, rubbing your eyes. "Making pancakes." You pull your hands away from your eyes to see River. He's standing in the kitchen in a simple white t-shirt and grey sweatpants, pouring his concoction of vegan batter into a pan. Your eyes travel to his feet... his socks, really, which are both different colors and lengths. "River- your socks..." you giggle and he looks down.
"Oh, shit."
You laugh and shuffle out of bed. "Green with stripes and yellow? Are you okay?" you snort.
He shrugs. "Must've been too busy looking at you sleeping, y/n. I thought you wanted to make breakfast." He grins and runs a hand through his hair, knowing how much you hate it when he teases you.
"You asshole." you say, crossing your arms but smiling.
He starts to walk towards you.
"Plus, watching me sleep is kinda creepy. And either way, I don't think that would've affected your socks, you dumb-"
He takes your face in his hands and kisses you on the lips, cutting you off. Your hands move to his hair, the same hair that was so perfectly messy that same morning at 9:26 am. It's a long kiss, and the fluttering in your chest that had built up all morning finally reaches its peak. You're living in a small NYC brownstone with your boyfriend, River Phoenix, who just got up to make you pancakes. How could you not be happy?
He pulls away and kisses your cheek, returning to the pancakes and leaving you as giddy as ever.
"What do you want to do today?" He says, flipping a perfectly golden brown, fluffy, mouthwatering pancake.
"Um... eat." You say, practically drooling.
He laughs and you smile as you pick up the strawberries and wash them.
"Okay, but how about later?"
You run your hand through your hair.
"Um... I dunno."
You feel his arms wrap around your torso as you cut the bright red strawberries, their intoxicating scent mixing with his.
"How about," he murmurs, "we make some hot chocolate and watch a few movies." You turn toward him, offering a strawberry.
"Stand by Me?" you suggest.
"Whatever you want, y/n." He smiles, taking the strawberry.
"Okay."
"Okay."
He dishes out the pancakes and you both curl up on the couch as you eat, never happier.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

(A/N)
Hope you liked the story! Let me know by showing me a little love and leaving some comments, suggestions, etc. Thank you!

Edit:
Holy shit guys! 200+ reads? WTF? Thank you so much!

Edit:Holy shit guys! 200+ reads? WTF? Thank you so much!