yellow // color imagines series

🍌 baby brandis :')^ 🍌
hello and welcome back!
i always had a general idea for this one, so i hope it turned out okay! sorry about the whole "new york" theme... i know i tend to make a lot of stories based there, it's just bc it's my happy place so i love to write about it!
but yeah!
i hope you enjoy this!
🍯 here you go! 🍯

"Hey,"
You groaned and rubbed your eyes as your boyfriend, Jonathan, gently woke you up. The golden morning sunlight streamed through your windows, illuminating your plants and flowers all throughout the house.
"Hm?"
"Get up, I have an idea,"
You opened your eyes to see him hovering above you, smiling. You laughed. He looked so excited.
"What time is it?"
Jonathan rolled his eyes.
"Get up and check,"
You halfheartedly (and jokingly) slapped him, your limbs refusing to move.
You finally did manage to get up to the sound of Jonathan doing something in the kitchen. It was 11. Your apartment was small and it was easy to hear from rooms away, so you called out to him.
"Jonathan? What are you doing?"
"Nothing, nothing! Get dressed!"
You winced as you heard clattering and giggled a little.
"You sure you don't need help?"
"Uh huh! Just go get dressed!"
You smiled and sighed, walking to your room to get some clothes. You picked out a soft yellow sundress and some converse. It was hot outside.
Finally, Jonathan appeared in the doorway as you laced up your shoes. He was carrying a bag full of something.
You looked him up and down suspiciously as he took your hand and you walked out of the apartment, locking the door.
"Where are you taking me?"
He shrugged.
"I dunno, where am I taking you?"
"Oh, come on," you laughed as he sped up, pulling you along. You stopped to rent two bikes, both bright yellow, and continued your journey.
Finally, you made it to the shade of a huge oak tree in Central Park. The huge fields were scattered with people reading, sunbathing, talking, barbecuing. It was gorgeous.
You both got off of your bikes and propped them up against the trunk.
Jonathan sighed and ran a hand through his hair, placing down the bag and pulling out a banana-colored checkered blanket.
You stared at him and smiled as he set up two sloppily-made sandwiches, lemonade, and sliced mangoes.
He sat down and beckoned for you to sit next to him, clearly pleased with himself.
You thought it was adorable.
"What do you think?" He murmured cautiously. He seemed a little scared that you weren't going to like it.
"Jon, it's perfect. I love it," you said, taking his face in your hands and pressing your lips to his, "thank you."
You smiled against his lips and snatched his baseball cap, putting it on your head backwards.
He laughed and pulled away from the kiss as he reached for the hat, finally getting it back and putting it back on his head.
"Okay, what's actually your least favorite food?I know you said tomatoes, but you're eating them right now," you said, cheeks sunburnt, as you bit into your sandwich.
"You got me." He responded, pressing a hand to his chest.
"Shut up, Brandis," you teased, grinning.
You and Jonathan had been enjoying your picnic together for about an hour, and you'd never been happier.
"Hm," he squinted and popped a mango slice into his mouth, "I don't like seafood."
"Oh thank God. I can't stand seafood!" You exclaimed.
You both started laughing, for no reason other than how happy you felt.
You took a sip of lemonade.
"You know what I could go for right now?" You said, sighing.
"What?"
You looked into his bright blue eyes.
"Ice cream."
Jonathan's face lit up.
"Say no more, I'll be right back."
You laughed as he got up, running to catch an ice cream trolley that was just packing up. He seemed to be bargaining with the vendor before he finally handed over some money and the vendor gave him two cones.
When he finally made it back up the hill, panting, he collapsed next to you and handed you the ice cream.
"Wow. Did you just get heckled by the ice cream man?"
Jonathan looked at you defensively.
"Hey, he was mean!"
You laughed and smiled, licking his ice cream as it melted. A cool breeze swept by you and you heard the excited squeals of children as they ran by, clinging to a dandelion colored kite.
You kissed him on the cheek and his face turned a light shade of pink.
"My hero,"
"Oh, shut up, y/l/n,"
You responded by pressing your lips to his again. He tasted like lemon, and he kissed back, grinning.
"You shut up, Brandis," you muttered, continuing to kiss him.
"On it."
You could feel the ice cream melting on your hand, but you didn't care.
Your heart was fluttering and you felt a smirk grow on your lips.

He took off his hat and put it back on your head, still smiling.

🛵 okay i really love this one! 🛵
maybe cause jonathan is just big uwu energy but maybe because yellow is my favorite color? maybe both?
probably both.
anyway, i hope you guys liked that, cause i really liked writing it.
i just noticed how repetitive i am when it comes to introductions and conclusions oops. let's try something new;

see ya later alligator

🍋 - camhhhh - 🍋