leeches // chris chambers (pt. 7)

You woke up in the sleeping bag, head on Chris's chest. His arms were around you and you could feel the gentle rise and fall of his chest.
"Get up lovebirds!" Gordie yelled, kicking Chris softly.
"Ow, fuck you, man!"
"Oops, too hard?" Gordie said, laughing. Vern was packing his bag. You got up and shuffled out of Chris's arms, packed your bag, and ran a hand through your hair.
"Holy shit, y/n. What happened to you?" Teddy asked zipping his fly and walking away from a tree where he presumably pissed.
"What?"
Vern looked up and laughed. "Your hair... it's..."
You looked at your reflection in a nearby puddle.
Yikes.
"Shit, anyone got a hair tie?"
Gordie laughed and looked around. "Um... y/n, I don't know if you noticed, but we're all boys."
"Ha, ha, very funny." You muttered lifting your arms up to put your hair in a messy half-up style. Chris walked over to you and brushed a strand out of your eyes. "You look cute, y/n."
He blushed and you looked to the side, remembering the kiss you two had shared the previous night.
"What the fuck was that?" Gordie asked.
"I dunno, but it was disgusting." Teddy said, holding his stomach.
You finally started walking, eating candies. "God, I'm starving." Vern said, complaining. You didn't want to complain, but you were pretty hungry too.
You finally got to a decently sized river in the middle of the woods and everyone just stared at it.
"How do we get across that?" Vern asked.
"We use a raft." Gordie said.
You punched his arm. "Shut up, Lachance." you said warmly. He smiled and rubbed his arm.
Teddy paced along the shoreline as Gordie picked up a stick. He put it in the water and it barely went up to six inches.
"Huh. It's not that deep, we can just walk across." He said.
You all waded into the water, took one step forward, and splashed down. It had to be at least six feet deep, not six inches.
"SIX INCHES? REALLY?" Teddy sputtered, wiping off his glasses. You took yours off and rubbed them on your wet shirt. Vern began splashing Teddy and Gordie rolled his eyes. "Come on, guys, stop messing around." He said, and began to wade out of the water, his shirt and jeans heavy on his small frame.
"Oh come on, Lachance!" Chris said, laughing.
You touched Chris's arm. "Guys, hold on-" You began, but you were cut off by Chris yelling, "DOGPILE!" And splashing over to Gordie, jumping on top of him. You roll your eyes and wade out of the water, beginning to tug at Teddy's shirt to get him off of Gordie.
"Vern, there's something on your neck..." Gordie said.
"Ha! I'm not falling for that one." He said, grinning.
"No, Vern... there is something on your neck!" Chris cocked his head to see a small, brown, sluggish thing on the side of Vern's neck, and his eyes widened.
"LEECHES!"
All of you screamed and began scrambling out of the water, ripping off your clothes and blubbering about how many there were. Teddy and Vern began swiping leeches off of each other's back. You buttoned down your shirt and threw it on a nearby log, pulling leeches off of your stomach and chest. You grabbed Chris's arm when he was done slapping leeches off of Gordie and he looked at your bra, blushing hard. You crossed your arms and gestured to your back frantically to which he snapped out of his trance and began to gently pull leeches off of you. You awkwardly pulled off your jeans and Chris looked away, his face the reddest you'd ever seen it. The other boys had stopped, you noticed, and were looking at you.
"Um... Chris?"
He turned to see the others looking at you and tried to cover you more.
"Hey, hey! Have a little decency dumbasses!" Their eyes widened a little and they shied away, Teddy covering Verns eyes.
Chris looked back at you as you pulled one off of your thigh.
You looked at his shocked face and, once the leeches were gone, you began to laugh.
A wave of relief passed over everyone until Gordie shifted uncomfortably. He pulled at the hem of his underwear and looked down.
"Oh shit, Chris." Gordie whined, his face contorting with horror. "Oh shit, man."
You and Chris looked at him, concerned. Chris gently shook his head and you murmured, "What?"
Gordie reached down into his underwear, his hand re-emerging covered in blood and holding the last of the tiny leeches.
His eyes rolled back into his head and he fell backwards onto the leaves.
"Oh shit Gordie aRE YOU OKAY?" Chris yelled. You all ran over, shuffling in your half-pulled down pants, and leaned over him, terrified. You shook him gently.
"Gordie, man, are you okay?"
"Wake up, Gordie."
"I think he's dead." Vern said.
You all turned toward him and said "VERN." In a stern and aggressive tone.
"What? What'd I say?"
"He's not dead you idiot, he's still breathing." Teddy said.
Finally, Gordie came to, his eyes fluttering open. Chris helped him up. You hugged him and continued to ask if he was alright until he said yes.
When everyone's clothes were dried and back on, Gordie sat against a tree, staring at the ground. You sat next to him, but got up when you heard Chris and the others arguing.
"I think we should take Gordie back." Chris said quietly.
"What? Are you kidding?" Teddy asked, exasperated.
"No, Teddy, I think he's right. We should go back." Vern submissively whispered.
"Oh, what a surprise, the king of the pussies wants to go back!"
"Stop calling me that!"
"Pussy? Pussy, pussy, pussy!"
"You four-eyed psycho!" Vern growled before jumping on top of Teddy, throwing punches. Of course, they weren't actually hurting each other, but Chris began to try to pull each one away. "Stop it guys!" You yelled, but no one listened. Chris looked up at you, was punched in the ribs, and promptly joined the fight. You paced back and forth, yelling at them to stop, when you heard;
"Stop it." (whisper)
"Stop it!" (normal voice)
And finally, "STOP IT!"
You turned to see Gordie, looking as scary as ever, death glaring all of you. The boys had stopped mid punch.
"I'm not goin' back." He said, and gathered up his stuff.
The journey resumed.