orange // color imagines series

🍑 oh my god wow^ 🍑
(sorry for my horrible vsco editing skills)
hey!
i love the color orange and ofc i love me some wil so i'm hoping that this turns out okay!
hope you enjoy babes!
that's how i'm imagining he looks in this part btw^
🍊 here ya go! 🍊

Summer
1988

You hit the "start" button of Space Invaders as the neon-orange light of the arcade illuminated your face. You'd just moved, and since you didn't have friends yet, you spent most of your time playing games in the arcade, sipping orange-cream sodas.
You felt a tap on your shoulder as you frantically clicked the buttons.
"Hey, I've got next game,"
You nodded and glanced back quickly to see who it was, immediately doing a double-take.
Holy shit.
The kid standing behind you gave a friendly smile, his face turning a light shade of pink, at least with what you could see through the harsh lighting.
He had messy brown hair and dark, chocolate colored eyes with long eyelashes.
And he was holding an orange-cream soda, just like you.
His apricot-colored long sleeved shirt practically matched the tangerine hue of the arcade walls.
He was gorgeous.
You heard a familiar, "beep, beep, beep," sound and a, "Game over," as you froze.
"Oh, um, yeah," you finally choked out, answering him, "go ahead."
"Thanks," he said, laughing slightly. He moved around you to insert a few quarters, "are you from around here?"
"No... well, yeah actually. I just moved here," you explained.
"Sick. I'm Wil," he said. He flashed you another smile, making you practically melt.
"I'm y/n," you responded.
"I love your name," he said sheepishly. You thought you could see his face become more red.
You felt your cheeks become hot.
He started to play, and only seconds later the screen flashed another bright, "Game over," and he laughed, turning to look at you and leaning against the machine.
"Wow, you kinda suck," you said jokingly.
"Is that a challenge?" He murmured, leaning closer to you.
"Maybe," your heart began to beat faster as his face got closer to yours and you smirked, pushing your hand on his chest, walking past him, and throwing in a few more quarters.
You slammed your hand down on the buttons, annoyed when your failure became apparent on the screen.
"Oh, I suck?"
"Hey, at least I'm better than you!" You retorted.
"Oh, really?" He exclaimed, "Watch and learn, y/n."
You both continued to play, teasing each other and sipping your sodas.
You could definitely feel something happening. A warm, tingly feeling filled your chest every time he looked at you.
After a few more rounds, Wil was playing, frustratedly clicking the buttons and moving the joystick. You bit your lip, watching intently. From what you knew, no one had ever beaten the game.
Suddenly, a light peach color filled the screen.
It blinked, "Congratulations!" and a scoreboard with a blank space for a name appeared.
"Oh my God!" You exclaimed, bouncing up and down.
"Holy shit!"
You and Wil laughed, high-fiving. Sure, you felt stupid being so excited about an arcade game, but it was fun to do something after a while, especially with someone like Wil.
"Who sucks now?" He teased. You punched his arm, laughing.
"Shut up!" He chuckled back. You glanced at the scoreboard.
"Put your name in, idiot," you said, gesturing to the still-blinking screen.
"Okay! Okay," Wil raised his hands in surrender and typed in "WIL" then glanced at you and deleted it. He typed in "W" then your initials and you smiled.
"God, that's cheesy," you laughed and covered your face.
"Oops," he grinned and clicked the 'enter' button, pretending that it was accidental, "guess I can't change it now..."
You rolled your eyes.
"Very funny."
A few moments of silence followed.
You checked your watch.
5:57 pm.
Your mom had expected you back by 6.
The honey colored sunset streamed through the doors, intensifying the warmth of the room.
"Hey, I'd better get going," you said, grabbing your soda, "it was nice meeting you, Wil,"
You began to walk away but felt a hand on your arm.
"Hey, wait, um,"
You turned to look at Wil. He squeezed his eyes shut and pointed at you slightly.
"Would you maybe want to... um, hang out sometime?"
You furrowed your eyebrows suspiciously, a smile forming on your face.
"Hang out?"
"Yeah, um, like alone. Together, I mean,"
You laughed a little at his stumbling speech.
"Like a date?"
You couldn't help but giggle at him. He was too cute and awkward not to giggle at.
He smiled, relieved.
"Yeah. Like a date."
You grinned shyly, your heart fluttering.
"Yeah. I'd love to," you said. You grabbed a pen out of your pocket and took his hand gently, writing your number.
You clicked the pen shut and your eyes flickered up to look at him.
"See ya,"
He bit his lip. Suddenly, he leaned forward and kissed your cheek.
Your heart practically stopped.
"Not if I see you first."

☄️ (oops stand by me references) ☄️
i hope you guys enjoyed that!
it was pretty fun to write, but i think i liked the "red" imagine more.
please let me know if you have ideas for any other imagines!
i can still post requests.
love you guys and thank you so so so much for reading. i cant believe i'm at over 1000 reads. it feels like it was two days ago when i had 200!
that's all for now,

🧶 - camhhhh - 🧶
word count - 935 words