study hall // joey trotta

You're sitting in your dorm, your legs crossed and your record player crackling gently. The rain outside isn't making it any easier to focus, but it's soothing, so you don't mind.
You run a hand through your hair, ruffling it slightly, and sigh. Your eyes are dry and tired, so you move your reading glasses to rub them.
"Y/n, can you turn off the light now?"
You hear a groan coming from the bottom bunk and you roll your eyes, flipping through the pages and pages of physics homework you have left.
"Yeah. Sorry, Jennifer."
A shuffle is heard from the bottom bunk as your roommate rolls over and (hopefully) falls back asleep.
You lean back and switch off the light and your record player, then put on some sweats and an old shirt. Quietly slipping on your converse, you carefully climb down the ladder that leads up to your bed. Your books are gripped tightly under your arms.
Making your way to study hall, you duck near the vending machines, tapping one of them three times (rather hard) and receiving a few candy bars. The machines had always been broken, but no one seemed to notice. You dance down the hallway, finally make it to the study hall in the library, and set your books down.
You switch on a light and shiver. The long corridors of books don't hold any heat and the fact that most of the power is shut off at 9:00- the designated dorm-confinement time for all students- doesn't help.
You take out your walkman, unraveling the headphone cord and popping in a tape.
BANG!
You jump, startled, and turn to see someone near the doorway where the door just slammed. It's a boy, around your age.
"Shit."
You stare at him. He's holding a few books, showing you that he came with the same intention.
"Hi."
"Um... hello." You murmur. He walks a little closer. He has dark hair and eyes and his cheeks are a gentle pink- probably from the embarrassment of his entrance. He's tall and is wearing an oversized black and white t-shirt and a backwards hat.
He's cute.
"What're you doing here this late? Isn't curfew for the girls at like... 9?"
You look at him, a bit confused. "Um, yeah, but so's the boys' curfew. I'm not a freshman, so if you're trying to trick me, I'd give up now."
He laughs a little. "Right. I'm Joey."
"Y/n." You reply, introducing yourself.
"I like your name."
"Um, thanks." You blush a little.
He sits down across from you and you notice a small earring hanging from his left ear.
"What're you working on?"
"Physics."
"Oh, sick. I can help you if you want."
"Sure."
You offer him a candy bar and he gladly accepts it. As he points out your mistakes on your homework with a pencil, you can't help but realize how gorgeous he really is. His lips look soft and pink. Kissable, even.
"-and yeah, so that's what you're gonna wanna do."
Shit.
"Oh, thanks." You stare at the sheet, still lost.
"No problem."
"So... what grade are you in?"
"I'm a senior, actually."
"Oh, me too."
He takes a bite of the candy bar.
Silence. All you can hear is the soft patter of rain. The only other thing that's audible is the soft scratch of paper as Joey writes something. The room smells like old books and roses, as there are some bushes right outside.
A few minutes later, he puts his pencil down.
"Hey."
You keep your eyes down on your work. You have two problems left. Finally.
"What?"
"I'm bored."
"Already?" You glance at him and fold up your glasses.
"Yeah. Wanna do something?"
You look at him suspiciously. He smiles back, a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Like what?"
The next thing you know, Joey grabs your hand and leads you to a huge window with a comfy window seat. You lean onto a pillow.
"I'll be right back. Shh."
He puts his finger up to your lips and you begin to blush hard as he walks away, tiptoeing toward the kitchen. When he gets back about ten minutes later, he's carrying two freshly made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, a bag of popcorn, two bottles of Coca Cola, and two cookies. He settles in across from you and hands you a sandwich.
"Wow, that was fast. Thank you." You laugh at his craftsmanship. The sandwich is pretty smushed.
"Woah, woah, woah. I was on a time limit and it was dark. You can't possibly blame me for that." He grins at you, holding his arms up in surrender.
You take a bite of the sandwich. It's still good.
An hour later, you're still talking, swapping stories and laughing quietly. A small part of you is pulling you toward him.
"I mean really, who does that?"
"I honestly don't know. I dunno what he was thinking, but it was hilarious."
You laugh. "I believe you."
After your laughter fades, you sit in silence, staring at the sky. The stars are barely visible and you can hear the gentle roll of thunder.
"A bigger storm must be coming. I wonder when-"
A crash of lightning sends both of you jumping. When you open your eyes, you're practically on top of Joey. His arms are around you.
"Holy shit, I'm sorry."
He laughs a little. His face is bright red, and judging from how warm you feel, you're guessing that yours is too. He smells like pencil lead and a hint of cologne.
"It's okay, y/n. Honestly, I don't mind it." He winks.
You slap him with a nearby magazine playfully.
"Ah! Stop, you're hurting me!" He jokes, holding up his arms halfheartedly.
You lock eyes and raise the magazine to slap him again, but he gently grabs your wrist. Before you know it, his lips are on yours and you're practically melting. He tastes sweet, like soda, and his lips are just as soft as you'd imagined them to be. When the kiss ends, his eyes stay closed for a moment afterward. He smiles.
"Okay then." He says. His hand is still on your wrist.
He tucks a strand of hair behind your ear and you lean in again, pulling him slightly by his shirt. He kisses you back, and you feel your stomach and heart flutter. His arms wrap around your waist. His mouth moves against yours softly and you smile against his lips.
When you pull away, he's smiling back.
"Okay, you have no idea how long I was waiting to kiss you, y/n."
"You have no idea how long I was waiting for you to kiss me."
You cuddle up next to him and he puts his arm around you. The clouds begin to clear and a few stars become visible in the night sky.
You talk for a few hours.
After a brief moment of silence, you both finally begin to clean up. The huge clock at the center of the library reads 2:32 am.
As you clean up and begin to leave, Joey grabs your hand.
"Hey," he begins, "are you free tomorrow? We could get some coffee somewhere or... something. You know, um, whatever you want."
You giggle at his attempt to be gentlemanly and he blushes, smiling sweetly.
"Yeah. For sure."
He waves the candy bar at you and you walk your separate ways.
When you get back to your dorm room, you notice something written on your homework in messy handwriting and smile. That boy.

"***-***-****. Call me."

(a/n)
Hope you enjoyed! It took me a while to come up with something for Joey. Not sure why tbh, he's one of my favorites so I thought it would be easy. Anyway, next up is Jonathan Brandis, then the stories will continue based on requests, random ideas, etc. I might do a few based on people again too.
That's all for now!
Sending love,
🍪 Camhhhh 🍪
WORD COUNT: 1340