RULE # 8: RESPECT ANOTHER PERSON'S PRIVACY

Knock – Knock – Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Three years ago...

GrandmaPark had arrived two days ago and was already acting as healthy as a mule. His mother had visited the old lady and he had dropped by yesterday to give her fresh kiwi – her favorite.

"I hear that you and my Sandara have already met" GrandmaPark told him.

He nodded.

"She was very worried about not finding anyone to talk to but I'm happy that you have kept her company and even introduced her to your friends. Thank you Ji Yong."

"You don't have to thank me Grandma. She's become a very good friend."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that" the old woman sliced through another kiwi "I'm sure that as long as she's with you, she is in good hands."

"Thank you for your trust Grandma."

The Parks' Matriarch laughed "My trust in you is steadfast, young one. Anyway, they'll be leaving on Sunday. Don't you have plans to take Dara out?"

Ji gulped – cornered by GrandmaPark like a pro-boxer. "Uhmmmm... I was thinking of taking her to HappyLand along with some of our friends."

"Well... why don't you?"

"I wasn't sure she'd be allowed to now that you're back Grandma."

"Well, I want her to come out and have lots of fun. Sanghyeun's going out with some of the friends he's made back at the hospital and Durami is quite happy to just go shopping with their parents. I know that my eldest grandchild wants to get out too but she might feel shy to impose on you."

And that was how Ji and Dara ended up having today's afternoon all to themselves – if you didn't count the ten other guys and girls that Ji invited to come.

He heard a knock on his window. He opened his curtains and saw Dara putting up a note: What time are we leaving?

He held up his hand to ask her to wait as he rummaged his room for his paper pad: Is 5:00 pm ok with you?

Dara scribbled down: Can we leave at 4 instead? I want to buy some things for my friends."

He thought about that: Ok. I'll pick you up at 4.

Dara clapped her hands and scribbled something down again: Thank you... uhmmm... you look so thin without a shirt on.

He looked at his reflection in the mirror self-consciously – he had forgotten that he was topless, he looked back at her and scribbled: Well, you look thin even with a shirt on.

Dara wagged her tongue at him and closed her window's curtain. He laughed aloud.

***

On a carousel ride

Dara wanted to pinch herself. It was ridiculous to feel this happy.

"What are you smiling at?" Ji asked her.

"Because we're in HappyLand" she replied in a sing-song. That was partly true. She was indeed glad to be at the amusement park. The whole reason though... was standing right in front of her and it wouldn't do for him to know. She figured that it wouldn't do at all the he was the reason she was so happy.