RULE # 11: LEAVE THE PAST BEHIND

Instant Noodles

"That's not healthy" Ji told her as she chowed down on ramen.

"What's not healthy about ramen?" Dara asked.

"THAT ramen is not healthy because it came out of a cardboard cup" Ji reiterated "Now, stop eating that! I bought sandwiches." He turned to face the other girls "I don't want to see you eating this stuff, ok?"

He took away Dara's cup, much to her frustration and threw it away.

"Sunbae!!!" she screamed.

"NOW! Eat this!" he handed each one of them a sandwich.

"Sorry Sunbae" Chaerin replied "We... uhmmmm... don't have the time to run down and buy decent food so we often eat instant noodles."

"No wonder you're all so thin" the senior commented, eyeing them one by one "Anyway, let's all eat this and we'll return to training."

They all followed, Dara still looking longingly at the ramen Ji threw. "If there is anything harder than all our training, it is this" she thought "pretending not to know him and acting like this is the first time I've ever seen him."

She was improving on it, though. For the past two months, she and Ji had developed a unique relationship – it's as though they had both agreed to forget everything. He acted as her senior and she acted as a 'very' obedient junior – except for the times he would act like an ass – like, today, for example.

"You don't bring Gaho like you always do before Sunbae" Bom told him.

"I don't bring him along during YOUR training because you tend to get distracted. You spoil him" he accused Bom "and Dara runs away from him because she's scared."

Chaerin and Minji laughed and Bom and Dara looked at them sharply. They quieted down. It was Ji's turn to laugh.

"When is Manager Teddy going to come back from LA?" Chaerin asked, changing the topic.

"He's due to arrive tomorrow and he says he's bought a lot of gifts for us. The launch was very very successful and I'm guessing the Wonder Girls might stay there for good" Ji answered.

"That's fantastic for them" Dara commented "I hope we can perform there too."

"You really want to go there, don't you Unnie?" Minji asked.

Dara nodded enthusiastically.

"Big Bang-oppas will be sad if we leave" Chaerin told her, then faced Ji "Isn't that right sunbae?"

"Of course we will be" Ji automatically answered, earning a big smile from the maknae.

"Leaving?" Ji thought as the girls continued to eat. Peripherally, he saw Dara playing with Bom's hair and then pretending it was Minji who pulled it. "Isn't that just like her... always leaving."

***

Candy Dandy

"We're working on a lot with this" their voice coach explained "We'll sample Dara's voice coz it has the right pitch for this part. The chorus as you well know will be Bom's. Her voice matches that of T.O.P.'s. The maknaes will be alternating but it's still pretty much your sunbaes' song."

One month into their launch, they were preparing for their very first performance. They had trained for various songs – most were written by Teddy and Ji – but what they were using for their debut wasn't a song that was solely theirs.