RULE # 13: TELL THE TRUTH

Never say never?

It was a weird request and Ji had never known Teddy to be like that.

Shaking his head, he looked directly at Teddy "I don't think I heard you right."

The Manager laughed. "I knew you'd be asking that. I should have asked someone on a betting game about your reaction."

Ji – all the more – was perplexed. "It's the last day of training Teddy. We'll be launching them tomorrow. You and I both know it's important."

"I know that. That's why I want to do this... have you seen the girls? They look high strung – one wrong move and they'll explode out of tension."

He sighed.

That was true. Even their leader – Chaerin – was beginning to stiffen up with the strain.

"The guys will be really surprised by this."

"I know they will be. I want it to be that way, actually."

"I'm calling them all here in your office."

"No. I'll go with you to the training room."

Ji nodded. "You really surprised me" he couldn't help saying.

Teddy stood up from his chair and the smile left his face, instead there was thoughtfulness. "You see... these girls – they have never asked me for anything. With the Wonder Girls – I love them to pieces, mind you – but there was always a reward that they'd look forward to. That was how training them was for me... Now... these girls, they're different."

"I know." Ji remembered the incident with the noodles that Dara was eating. The girls never – as in NEVER – asked for him or anybody to buy them food when they were hungry, they bought noodles for themselves.

He also knew that their personal staff had nothing but praises for their habits at home. They were all tidy, can cook, and were extremely adept in housework.

"They don't ask for anything from anyone but they give everything they've got during rehearsals and for that, I have really thought about rewarding them."

"That's good Manager."

"And you guys – you deserve this too. You've worked so hard in schooling them and guiding them that I couldn't recognize them now from how they were before."

"It was our job."

"That's true but you did it perfectly and that is already more than I could have hoped for these ladies" Teddy grabbed his jacket "So, why don't we go and have fun at HappyLand?"

***

The heart has a better memory

Dara couldn't believe her ears when the Manager came in their training room and announced that today there'll be no practices.

"I see how hard you've worked and I am extremely proud of all of you" Teddy told them "So, today, I thought that we could drop all the training and I'm going to treat you to a day-off!"

Everybody let out a whoop. "We're going to HappyLand!" he continued.

And here they are now, excited like kids.

"Picture!!!" she announced and saw everyone line-up. "Unfair!" she told them. The BIG BANG oppas, she, Minji, Bom, Chaerin, and the Manager had come together. "I want to be in the picture too!"