RULE # 26: STEP DOWN

The goings on

"Shopping with Bom and T.O.P. is a weird experience", YB thought to himself as he, the noona, and the hyung headed for the snacks section in the grocery.

Bom loved eating bread but the diet that their trainer set them on didn't allow her to eat bread for a while. T.O.P., on the other hand, was sticking to his diet that had a lot of fruits and veggies in it.

YB would normally go for a lot of meat and a lot of bread coz he loved sandwiches but how the heck does one do that with these people? He almost told the other two that he'd shop on his own but he felt awkward leaving them. They were another thing he had up his mind.

Unlike himself, T.O.P. was very comfortable with girls. YB knew he had a girlfriend even back in middle school. But hyung and Bom's closeness was setting warning signals off his head just like the distance between Ji and Dara did.

T.O.P. and Bom were easily the handsomest member of each of their groups and they had talents that one didn't normally see in Korea. Hyung's rapping is so recognizable anywhere – YB doubted if anyone who heard it would forget it and Bom-noona's voice also had more soul than anyone he had ever met. It wasn't surprising to find them gravitate towards each other.

He knew that everyone – except him – took it for granted but he knew that it could be so easy to fall for another person you find is very much like you and the two are really alike. They are both the oldest in their group and though they aren't the leaders, they both look out for their members with the instincts of a hawk.

And YB knew that both of them deserve to find love but... their timing wouldn't be more than imperfect if ever it happened. Most especially with Ji Yong and Dara also showing signs that they just might head at that direction – no matter how the two denied it and acted as though it wasn't going to happen.

Sure. They rarely spoke with one another – he barely saw them alone together at all – but he couldn't kill the doubts that continue creeping up his head whenever he saw the two of them. Seung-ri had once grasped on it as well but did not take it as seriously as YB. He wasn't sure about it even as Seung-ri had a habit of just saying things.

Sighing, he wondered if Teddy had intentionally set things up by creating a group of girls patterned after them. He had told them to get girlfriends for themselves to no avail. Was he trying to help them out?

But... why only four girls? And why hadn't he lifted the rule about office romance?

He shook his head as he watched T.O.P. and Bom talk whether they should get cheese or not. Teddy wasn't the type to do something like that.

"Young Bae!!!" a voice echoed throughout the grocery aisle.

He looked behind him and was surprised to find Jin-ah waving from the other end.

"Jin-ah" he greeted back, surprised at her sudden appearance, and walked towards her "Hey! It's been awhile."

"I know. I know" the girl answered "I didn't expect to see you here."

"Hey Jin-ah!" T.O.P. greeted from behind Young Bae, he had also seen the unexpected friend who YB walked up to "I thought you were in Jeju."

"T.O.P.-oppa, hello there."

YB suddenly remembered he was with the two. "Ow I'm sorry. Uhmmm... Jin-ah, this is Bom-noona. Bom-noona, this is Jin-ah, she's a very good friend of ours."

Bom bowed shyly.

"Bom-noona is a member of 2NE1" YB explained.

"Oh my God!" Jin-ah clasped her mouth "YB told me about you awhile back. He even showed me clips of you guys. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you. I'm a huge fan!"