RULE # 49: PUT YOURSELF FIRST

Undoing

Eun Joo almost cursed out loud. She wasn't a woman given to doing that but hearing what Yang Goon told her – and in a very serious tone he did too – really surprised her. Talk about unexpected.

"Are you serious?" she asked him again as they shared a quiet meal at the Ariake Restaurant in The Shilla. She had come from a modeling gig and he had had her picked up. She had readied her appetite because she loved the Ariake but she hadn't prepared for anything quite like this.

To tell the truth, she would have never prepared for anything like this at all simpy because such an announcement from Yang Goon was unthinkable.

But the impossible does happen.

"I am very serious Eun" the President answered, most earnestly "and I've been thinking about it a lot. I have come to the decision that I want to marry you."

Eun Joo knew she should be happy. She had, deep inside, always hoped to hear those words but... "Oppa... you do not know how long – deep within – I have hoped to hear those words from you but have you thought about what you are asking me? How about your work? How about your projects?"

"Those are all important but Eun, you are more important to me and in this time, when I see you in pain and in sorrow, how could I not want to be beside you to protect you? To make sure you are happy? To make sure that you will not feel alone?"

With tears in her eyes "Are you sacrificing for me because of my lost of Umma and Appa? Are you sacrificing for me because you know that soon... "

YG held her hands and took a very deep breath "I will admit that the things that have happened shook me but do not call this a sacrifice for I have never and will never see this action as that. What I hope for is your happiness Eun. That is all that I have ever wanted."

Eun Joo, despite all her apprehensions, saw the sincerity with which Yang Goon had said every word. The President, the man with a few words, the man who had once told her that he loved her but have never thought of marriage was asking her the chance to forever be the source of her joy... the one entitled to protect her from all of the pain and harm that might come... the one and only man to... "I have never imagined that you will say all this oppa" she answered as tear after tear fell.

"Eun... don't cry..." Yang Goon told her and pulled her towards his embrace "I told Mai that I won't ever make you cry and here you are doing just that."

"Ow! The two of you!" Eun mumbled against his shirt, smiling despite the tears "I bet you planned all this."

"I planned it" he admitted unabashedly as he pushed her away from him to look at her face "then I told Mai that she had no choice."

Eun's tears were still spilling yet she couldn't help but smile. She had lost both her parents this year in a sad fashion and she had immensely despaired, most especially because she knew she was also losing Mai soon. However, she had not said a thing to either of them... how could she? She wasn't a woman who liked being a damsel in distress, it wasn't her character.

But she couldn't deny the overwhelming feeling of happiness that the knowledge that there is always someone she can turn to anytime she'd need it.

"From now on... I want you only to be happy, ok?" Yang Goon wiped her tears with a handkerchief and she bobbed her head in agreement... there was nothing else she wanted to be.