RULE # 12: DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ

Him alone

Three years ago...

It had been a week since Dara came back from Korea and her whole family has commented on her habit of spacing out more than usual.

"Noona, do you miss him?" her brother asked once while they were seated in the garden, right after dinner.

"Who are you talking about?"

Sanghyeun looked at her oddly "Who else?"

"Ji Yong?"

He nodded.

"I do" she answered honestly.

"But you guys still talk right?"

"Yep... but it's different, somehow, to know that I can just peek right outside my window and he's there."

The younger man sighed. "Does Joseph know this?"

Dara shook her head. "I couldn't tell him. He – he was so happy when we came back. He was even there to meet us at the airport. I – I couldn't do it."

"But you don't love him anymore."

"Still, I cannot hurt him... and besides, Ji hasn't even told me he likes me and he is so far away now. Even if I do break it off with Joseph, I can't possibly have a relationship with Ji."

Sanghyeun scratched at his head "Noona, guys can just be like that. Besides, he told you he'll wait for you, right? Why would a guy wait for you if he doesn't like you too?"

Dara backed away a little "How did you know about that???"

Sanghyeun smiled "He told me about it."

"He did???"

Her brother nodded. "Hyung told me to look after you and make sure you weren't always clumsy or forgetful coz he promised you he'd wait for you."

She felt her heart being squeezed.

"So, do what you have to do. I like Joseph – he's a good guy – but maybe, he's not the one for you noona."

Dara punched him softly in the arm. "When did you get to be so wise?"

***

Invisible Enemy

It was supposed to be a surprise for Dara – that he was learning hanggul. He was excited to show it off, even. But what he had accidentally overheard between Sanghyeun and Dara weren't things he liked and he was thankful that he had been taking lessons.

She was going to break it off with him for that guy. No surprise about that.

He'd noticed how her text messages had lessened to once a day, sometimes even once in two days ever since she had met that guy in Korea.

Dara had explained to him that they were just really good friends.

"Friends my ass!" he thought in chagrin as he picked his phone up and dialed a number.

The guy had obviously worked his charm on his girlfriend.

"Hello?" the guy on the other line picked up.