RULE # 20: DON'T INTERFERE WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES

Step by step

"I don't think Ji will do that without reason" Se7en told Han. It was Sunday morning and they had just come from a walk – they still had one more week before going back to L.A.

"Well, what could be his reason?" Han asked.

"Do I look like I know what his reason is? I don't know that too Han but we need to talk to him first" he paused "I understand how you feel for Dara and I can also understand why you did what you did last Friday but it wouldn't seem fair for us to just take Dara's side."

"I'm taking Dara's side coz I know she didn't do anything wrong. You and I both saw it. Ji began dating other girls just about two months after Dara left and then he now treats her like a stranger. What possible reason could justify such a behavior?!"

"You're angry."

"I am" she dignified "I'm angry coz he can't be a man. I'm angry coz Dara was already going to break up with her boyfriend for him when he suddenly began this "dating frenzy" he had with girls and I'm angry coz he left her hanging then and he's leaving her hanging now."

"I'm sorry but I have to talk to him first about this. He's a good friend of ours Han. He was our friend first before we even met Dara."

"But he's such an asshole!"

Se7en drew breath "I used to be an asshole too, remember? And you were this angry with me then... but when I told you that I did all those because I thought you didn't like me, you understood, right? So... let's not make decisions about this issue yet ok?"

"I promised Dara that we won't talk to Ji Yong about this."

"You made that promise" Se7en cleared "How could I break a promise I didn't even make?"

***

Speculations

Young Bae arrived at the apartment complex earlier than everybody else. He had learned that Ji was down with fever over the weekend and decided to immediately drop by his brother's unit.

However, other than worrying about Ji's condition, something had been troubling his mind as he tried to have time off from work. It was a futile exercise as he had been unable to think of anything else throughout the whole weekend. He decided to test how Ji would react to his thoughts first before asking right away.

He knew his brother's reticent nature and it wouldn't do to be on Ji's wrong side.

He arrived when Dara was just leaving.

"Anyeong sunbae" she greeted him.

"How is Ji?"

"Stubborn as a mule" she replied and pointed a finger to Ji's room "He's inside resting now sunbae. I just came in to make sure he drank his medicine."

"That's good of you. Thank you Dara-noona" he answered.

She bowed. "It was nothing. He's my sunbae just like you YB." She stepped out of Ji's unit and headed for the stairs.

YB stepped in and locked the door. Gaho ran towards him and he patted the pup. "You seem like Dara even fed you. Lucky lucky dog. Do you know she's afraid of doggies?"

Ji came out of his room with a towel on his head.

"Did you just get out of the shower?"

"I did."