16:Accepting The Darkness

"I'm too old for this crap".

Pakkun says with an irritated expression on his face as he let's out a small sigh. He had managed to successfully infiltrate the Hyuga compound undetected. Surprisingly the few times some guards or Maids that saw him, merely just patted him and smiled at him and then went on ahead. Benefits of a being a cute, cuddly little pup even though in age he was probably older then all of them.

Right now he was seated in a garden inside the household, or more specifically, outside the room of the Heiress herself, Hinata Hyuga. From the outside he could see some shadows moving inside. The news of an outsider was infiltrating the village must've already been delivered here. But from what Kakashi relayed to him, he was expecting the Heiress to be in a much more different setting, he expected the Uchiha brat to hold her like a prisoner, but here he was standing outside a luxurious room.

Tuning his ears to listen closely, he could make out some different voices coming from inside.

"Kagura-san, make sure you notify Shinpachi-san to a-alert all the guards. S-Sasuke-kun told me that we might be expecting some company" The voice he was hearing clearly belonged to Hinata. But what he couldn't figure out was why she was ordering the person inside like she owned the place, why wasn't she being treated like a prisoner.

"Yes m'lady, I'm also going to be nearby, if there is anything you want me to do then just call for me" Then came another shocker, the woman was addressing her as royalty as well. He could not figure out what was going on. If he wasn't told the entire back story that transpired over the last four years, he would've easily believed that Hinata Hyuga was the ruler here and she was ordering one of her subjects. But he did know what happened, and he clearly saw the way Sasuke Uchiha attacked the sand village and abducted her from her friends.

A few seconds had passed, and he heard the door close. After which he could only see the silhouette of the Princess herself. From her shadow, he could make out a few things. First of them being that she was moving around extremely comfortably, not a hint of fear or uncertainty in her stance. Second of all, he could feel her stare on him. The way she was looking at him, he realized that she had probably noticed him.

Slowly she walked over and slid open the shoji door that gave her access to the garden Pakkun was in. The entire garden was silent and in the backdrop, the sounds of Maids and guards running around the compound could be faintly heard. And the two were staring right at each other. Hinata was surprised to find a dog in her garden. Pakkun noticed the clothes she was, even as a dog he could tell how luxurious the clothes she wore were. A dark black yukata, with pink Sakura flowers embroided all over it.

Judging by the way she is staring at me, she think's I'm a normal dog- He smirked inwardly when he realized this.

"Oh my. What are you doing here all alone" Suddenly the princess made her way out of the room barefoot and approached the dog. Bending down in front of him, she slowly picked him up with ease and stared right at him.

"A-Are you lost" She asked in the most kindest tone she could possibly use, but for some reason the dog's gaze remained unfazed and unwavered.

"No".

Suddenly with a small shriek she let go of the pup and took a step back. Clearly she didn't expect the dog to suddenly speak in a such a heavy voice, her shocked expression quickly returned to normal when she came to the realization that this was not a normal dog.

"Good evening, Hinata Hyuga" The dog spoke to her in a formal and straightforward manner, with his eyes lazily opened, piercing through her gaze. Hinata managed to stand up and dusted off her Yukata and faced him with a stoic face.