trouble-markers

You sat at the table alone, while your kids did their homework. It had been a week here, and Keven had to go to work. You had a bad feeling, though you pushed it aside. You sipped your tea and read your book, since you had nothing to do, well for the time be. Your kids were almost done their work, and the twins were about to wake from their nap. You flipped the page, and began to read. Screams filled the room, as the kids ran into the room swinging pillows around. You gasped as you hot tea onto your lap, you snapped your head to the kids that hit the cup.

" That's it, go to your room" you screamed.

" W-what" your first child stuttered.

" Room" you said putting your book down.

They ran to the room, as you stood up. You smiled and walked to the cleaning closet, to grabbed the mop. You sighed as you cleaned the puddle.

" Mom, I need to go to the bathroom. can I go, please" the second child screamed from the bedroom.

" Fine, don't break anything" you yelled back.

The sound of feet hitting the hard floor echoed threw the house,  as you picked up the broken glass. You sighed and threw the glass into the trash, than walked away. You sighed and sat back down, to read the book you grabbed from the bookshelf.  

" Mom can I come out, I'm board" the oldest yelled from the room.

" Fine, just don't break anything " you yelled.

You heard foot steps echo threw the house once again. A sigh escape your lips, though you were glade they were having fun.

"Mom, when will dad be home" your second child yelled.

You smiled and walked to them, their eyes locked on the door. You sighed and pulled them into a hug, their eyes slowly turned to you.

" You miss him, don't you" you said softly.

They nodded and looked down, you smiled and pulled them into a hug.

" Go play, he'll be here soon" you said getting up and walking into the kitchen.