sleep

" Mommy, when will dad get home" you second oldest cried.

You turned to you child, as tears fell from their face. You dropped the book, running to them.

" What's wrong, what happened " you said with fear in your voice.

" I-I think dad is hurt" they cried while you pulled them into a hug.

Fear ran threw you veins, Your eyes starting to build tears. You looked down at them, only to see pain in their eyes.

"D-don't worry, he'll be here soon. He just working, he'll be here when you wake up" you said with a force smile.

" Ok, but can i stay up five more minutes" they said with a small smile.

" Sure, but stay in your room. Don't wake up your siblings" you said with a small smile.

They nodded and walked to their room, their head down. It was bothering them, and you knew it.

" Goodnight, I love you" you said while they closed their door.

You walked to the couch, flopping down on it. Something was wrong, you just didn't know what. You sighed lying down, you needed to sleep. Or you wouldn't be able to sleep. You closed your eyes, and felt your self drift.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You jolted awake, your eyes looking for anything. You sat up with a sigh, and walked to the fallen book. Picking it up, and placing it on the book shelf.

" What kind of dream was that" you muttered to your self.

You sighed and walked to the bedroom, you smiled as you saw the children  sleeping soundly.

" Glad they slept well" you whispered backing out of the room. " Goodnight, sleep tight" you said with a small smile.

The door clicked shut, and you walked away.