Invitatio

Newt moved around his room, taking what he wanted to pack and putting into the Muggle Worthy section of his case. His door was open so Tina came into the room, taking a seat on his bed.

"So, you're leaving tomorrow?" she asked, watching as he pulled opened a drawer and took out his pajamas. It was several weeks since the letter had come. They had replied a few days later, saying that the book signing would be on the 15th.

"Uh, yes," he replied. He paused, a frown forming on his forehead. "I don't like the thought of leaving you behind though," he said. They hadn't discussed this and he was afraid she would get upset at him for acting like he thought she couldn't take care of herself. But she didn't seem to mind.

"I'm sure I'll be fine," she said. "Even if I don't remember the last few years, I'm still an adult. I can take care of myself." However, even as she said that she felt doubt creep into her mind. She knew from the letters and from Newt's story that she had lived alone for several months but she didn't remember it and the thought of staying in the apartment alone scared her.

Newt studied Tina. Her face had taken on a far off look and he could see she was nervous. Suddenly, he realized what the most obvious thing to do was. He let out a gasp, mentally slapping himself for not having realized it sooner. Tina's gaze slid back into focus and she looked at him curiously.

"What?" she demanded.

"I've been a complete fool. I don't know why it took me so long to think of this," he said, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"What?" Tina repeated, an annoyed look forming on her face.

"I just realized, you could always come with me. In fact, it would probably be best if you did."

Tina's look of annoyance was quickly transforming into one of alarm. "Why would I be going to England with you?" she asked. "What reason would I have?"

"Well, I am currently responsible for providing for you, seeing as you can't work right now." Tina scowled and Newt quickly offered another option. "Besides, Queenie lives in England and you'll get to see her again."

Tina let out a long breath. "Alright then," she said, trying to sound reluctant despite the excitement that was quickly building inside her. The thought of traveling to England with Newt thrilled her. Then she suddenly realized the problem with that plan and frowned slightly. "How are we going to get me a ticket so last minute?"

Newt frowned as well. "I didn't think of that. I suppose I should go deal with that right away." He slipped out of the room, making his way towards the door. She got to her feet and followed him, watching as he pulled on his grey, wool coat. "I'll be right back, Tina," he murmured. "You should probably start packing."

"But what if you can't get me a ticket?"

"That's unlikely," Newt said. "Anyway, if I really can't then I'm smuggling you into England."

Tina looked appalled. "That's illegal!" she exclaimed.

He laughed slightly. "It'll be fine. I'll get a ticket. Don't worry."

He pulled the door opened and left the apartment. Tina felt a grin spread across her face as the door closed behind him.

Newt's going to take me to England, she thought happily. I'll get to see Queenie again but I'll also still be with Newt. She had accepted the fact that she enjoyed having him around. She had been surprised when she realized she didn't mind the fact that Newt loved her. She had always been disgusted when a man claimed to be attracted to her but when Newt had said it, she didn't mind. He hasn't mentioned it since our conversation, though, she realized. Of course, she hadn't expected him to.