20 - First Mission

Jin's POV
After going through endless ideas, I finally decided on my first mission - to apologize and try my best to explain what happened.

She will arrive today, and after endless persuasion from her staff - they finally revealed where her apartment is. It's nowhere near as luxurious as Hannam, but I feel relieved that it's safe and private enough. Based on reports, she arrives today. True enough - she's there. I knocked at her door.

Y/N: Hello — (stops and stares)

Me: Annyeong Y/N. (I removed my face mask) May I come in?

I saw her hesitate, so I pushed my luck. It's now or never.

Me: Jjigae? (I held my bag up) Please? Just for 30 minutes.

She finally held the door open, and I saw her space. Clean, spacious, with little touches of pink & rose gold. There are framed photos of her, and Jungkook.

Y/N: We can talk at the dining area. I just arrived from —

Me: Bali. I know. I read the news. Well, Tae and Jimin does.

Y/N: How are the boys?

Me: Doing well. They're missing you.

Y/N: Oh okay. And — you?

Me: Not doing well. I'm missing you.

Y/N's POV
We arrived via the first plane to Seoul to avoid the paparazzi and media. For some reason, I'm not really mad at what Jongsuk did. I don't know but the thought of Jin seeing it, made me feel happy. I don't want to make him jealous but I want to know if there's still an "us."

I don't have any plans today but to visit the stylist so I can get my gown for tomorrow's event. I'm planning to stay at a hotel too because as much as possible I'm trying to maintain my house's privacy.

I heard someone knock, and thought it was a delivery person. I opened it and was surprised to see a very handsome, breathtakingly handsome person in front of me. My heart aches to be with him. My arms want to hug him, and my lips craves for his.

I invited him to the dining area, and he opened his jjigae which he offered to me. I took a spoonful because I missed his cooking, and it's my favorite.

Me: How are the boys?

Jin: Doing well. They're missing you.

Me: Oh okay. And — you?

Jin: Not doing well. I'm missing you.

His words caught me by surprise. I think he must have noticed.

Jin: Jagi, Y/N, jagi. I waited a very long time to have this moment so I can finally explain what happened. It's not what it seemed to be. I was stupid and I got drunk. I thought it was you. She was dressed and made up like you. It was one kiss. Nothing more.

Me: I told JK to keep an eye for that girl.

Jin: So do you believe me?

Me: To be honest, I was hurt, really hurt. I want to die. I want to slap you. I want to forget you.

Tears came out of nowhere. Jin stood up.

Me: No, aniyo. Don't come near me. Stay there.

Jin: Jagi...

Me: Aniyo. Everytime I close my eyes, I can still see you holding her and kissing her.

Jin: Jagi (starts to sob as well)... where do we go from here my love?

Me: I don't know Jin. I really don't know. If only I can forget...

Jin: Can I ask a question? Are you and Jongsuk together now? Please be honest with me.

Me: No. But I would be lying if I tell you that I don't like him. And he likes me too, very much.

He sighed. He took out a small box from his pocket.

Jin: I just realized that I never got to give you anything for the world to see because I was afraid of what they will say. From the very beginning, it was you who showered me with love. I hope you'll like this.

He opened the box and it revealed a delicate rose gold bracelet with a small padlock charm.

Jin: I want you to know that whatever happens to us, I'm locked in love with you, Y/N, jagi. I'm really, really sorry. I won't stop until you forgive me. May I?

He put the bracelet in my left wrist, and kissed my hand. I noticed that he was wearing the cuff I gave, and it brought so much painful memories that I collapsed and blacked out.

Jin; Jagi, jagi..

Jin's POV
I was so surprised that she allowed me to enter her house, and she listened to what I have to say.

I placed the bracelet I had made for her, but to my surprise, she passed out.

Me: Jagi, jagi..

I carried her to her bed, I pushed some of her things aside and noticed a photo in her wallet. It was a photo of me, sleeping and she was kissing my cheek. I never knew when this was taken. But it was all the assurance that I need.

Her phone rang, and I answered it.

Me: Yeobseo?

Stylist: May I know who I'm speaking to?

Me: J— ah, Y/N's friend. Who is this please?

Stylist: This is X. We have her dress for the show tomorrow. I'd like to let her know that she can get it anytime.

Me: Okay. Will let her know.

I looked at her peacefully sleeping. I asked our staff to get the dress and everything that she needs and to bring it here so that she can totally rest. Y/N stirred, and looked at me.

Y/N: Sorry. Seeing the bracelet I gave, just brought a lot of memories - both good and bad.

Jin: I understand. You rest now, jagi. I'll have all your stuff delivered here so you don't have to go out. I also brought a lot of food. Thank you for the time.

She nodded, and closed her eyes. I want to stay, but I want it to come from her. I looked back at her, but she went back to sleep.