26 - Promises

Jin's POV
Me: Aish. Do they really need to put this out there, today? Like on my birthday. Yah, Tae! Why do you need to show this to me today? Aish!

I'm looking at article after article covering last night's happenings. One that irked me the most was the story that listed down all the sweet things in W. I can see that Y/N likes Jongsuk based on how they interact, especially during the behind the scenes. And those kisses! Aish.

Tae: Mianhe hyung. I showed it to you because, well, you'll see it anyway.

We are all in the dining area - the boys cooked, well they tried to - a breakfast spread. The pancakes were rubbery, and the bacon was a little burnt. But I appreciate all the thought.

Jimin: (in between bites) So are we going out hyung?

Me: Not today! Hahaha. I'm going to Y/N. I'll ask her to spend this day with me. I'll beg, I'll plead, and I'll cry.

Jungkook: What are you planning to do guys?

Me: I'm going to take her skiing!

Jungkook: But, she doesn't know how to ski hyung!

Me: I'm gonna teach her! Hahaha

Suga: You're just going to show off.

Me: Aniyo! And besides that's not the only plan - you will all join us. Later in the night.

Jungkook: Weo?

Me: Because my plan is ——

The boys all looked at me, and I smiled at them.

Jungkook: Arraseo hyung. Let's do it!

Y/N's POV
I wonder who's at my door this early. I opened the door and saw Jin, wearing the jacket I gave him.

Me: Glad to know it fits. Happy Birthday. Why are you up so early?

Jin: Yah! Of course, I'm Mr. Worldwide Handsome. Anything will good look on me.

Me: Okay. Next time, remind me to get you a potato sack instead. Why are you here this early?

Jin: For old time's sake will you grant me a birthday wish?

Me: Uhm that depends.

Jin: Please? Just one.

I looked at his hopeful face.

Me: Okay, one wish. (can't help but smile at Jin)

Jin: Let's go skiing!

Me: What?! But I don't know how to ski! It's dangeous, and what if I accidentally slip and fall and —

Jin stepped closer to me, and enveloped me in his arms.

Jin: Do you think I'll let that happen?

Me: Aniyo, but —

Jin: No buts. Go and get changed jagi. Wear warm clothes, arra? Will wait for you here.

Jin's POV
After thirty minutes and a quick stop at a convenience store to get some snacks for the two-hour trip, we're on our way to the ski resort. I insisted on driving because I want to be alone with her in my car.

During the first few minutes, Y/N is still complaining about how she hates skiing.

Me: Aish, jagi. I really won't let anything bad happen to you okay. Just trust me. And besides, we can't celebrate my birthday without being seen. You've read the news right?

Y/N: De. (Answers her phone) Yeobseo? O, Jongsuk. Aniyo. I'm out — weo? (Listens) Keure. Well, that sounds good. Okay, let schedule it then. We can meet tomorrow? Okay!