Chapter One

I had always dreamed of this day, ever since I was a little girl, but this was not how I imagined it. This was the opposite, in fact. I had always dreamed of falling in love with someone slowly, getting to know each other, our faults and perks. This was much too fast. An arranged marriage was far from what I had dreamt of.

It was my wedding day, and this was not what I wanted, not at all. When my father, the king of a large province in our realm of Alfheim, the land of the Light Elves, has announced that I was to marry one of the princes of Asgard, I had been furious. I had cried and yelled and eventually locked myself in my room away from everyone.

My father had always known of what I dreamed of, what I had wanted for my life, but he did not seem to care. He had always been a cold man, only having politics on his mind. I was being sold off as a bargaining chip to bring a more stable relationship between Asgard and Alfheim. Our relationship with the world of the gods was rocky as our race was very powerful and our kingdom even more so.

I yanked at on the tight, white cloth around my waist, trying to allow myself to breath easier. The dress was a ball gown style, and while the waist was tight, the skirt was the poofiest thing I had ever seen. Lace covered the entire thing, making the straight neckline itchy. My (h/c) hair was up in an elegant bun, a million clips and pins keeping everything together. I sighed as I looked in the full length mirror, not entirely satisfied if I were being honest.

There was a knock on the door before it swung open to reveal my mother. "My goodness," she breathed. "Is that really my daughter?" she asked in disbelief. I frowned and looked back at the mirror, picking at the dress again. "Oh, (Y/N), don't be like that," my mother snapped. "I think you've had enough time sulking," she scolded.

"I'll stop sulking when you call of this damn wedding," I snapped, grabbing two fistfuls of white cloth, bring it up and dropping it again. My mother gasped behind me.

"That is no way for a lady to speak," she said, sounding appalled.

"Since when have I been very lady like?" I pointed out. "And I've heard my fiancé isn't much of a gentleman so it shouldn't be a shock to him," I rebuked, turning to glare at the woman behind me. "He killed eighty people in two days on Midgard," I reminded her. "I can't believe you're making me marry someone like that," I hissed. She didn't say a word but swept out of the room instead, slamming the door behind her.

I stomped my heel clad foot in anger, wincing and immediately regretting that action. I sighed again and smoothed out the dress. Tears threatened to spill when I realized that there was nothing I could do to change what was going to happen. I was just going to have to live with this new life I was being thrown headlong into, for better or for worse.

{Line Break}

The traditional Asgardian wedding ceremony had been boring and unbelievably awkward. Thankfully, there had been no kissing involved. Though I was being forced to give my life away, I did not have to give my first kiss away. Yes. That's right. I, (F/N), at one thousand eighteen year's old, had never kissed anyone outside of family, and I wasn't looking to change that anytime soon.

I was currently sitting at the large dining table in a huge room with beautiful architecture. I was now dressed in a soft blue dress, much simpler and more comfortable than my wedding attire. I was merely picking at my food, allowing myself to be captivated by the beautiful architecture that surrounded me. This was a different world that was very different from my own, so I was determined to learn everything I could about it.

Sitting at the head of the table was the all father, Odin, and at his side was his beautiful wife, Frigga. She had been very welcoming and very motherly when I had first met her, and I appreciated that. It made me feel a little bit better, even if just slightly. Thor was sitting across from me, his wife, a Midgardian by the name of Jane, sitting next to him. She had come to Asgard for the wedding ceremony with Thor. My new 'husband,' Loki, the god of mischief, sat next to me.