Chapter Three

I've never written something that was purely romance, and I'll admit it's one of the harder things I've done. It's really hard not to just rush things along because there isn't really anything else to fill in. Anyway, let me know how I'm doing with a vote or a comment! Enjoy!

It had almost been a month since I married Loki, and not much had changed. He was still quiet and did not sleep in our room. He didn't speak with me, excusing himself every time I walked into the same room he was in. He wouldn't meet my eyes, and when I asked Thor what was going on, he admitted that he didn't have a clue. He told me that he had never seen his brother act like this toward anyone before. The blonde prince explained that his brother was normally quiet and cold, but not like this.

He must really hate me, I mused, leaning my chin on my hand that was propped up by the elbow on the railing of the terrace. I'm not that bad. I'm nice...most of the time. I sighed, not sure why I was seeking the approval of the cold prince. I groaned and let my arms slip from the terrace railing. I still had no where to be and nothing to do. I slipped back into my bedroom and put on a pair of boots, a pair of dark pants and a brown shirt. I wove my hair into a braid and left the room in search of something to do, to quell my boredom.

I knew wearing dirty, muddy boots and pants wasn't very lady like, but it wasn't like I had anyone to impress. I had never been very lady like, following some of the members of my castle's guard around when I was small, trying to learn everything they knew. Eventually, the captain of the castle guard finally took pity on me and gave me a wooden sword to practice with. We practiced daily, in secret of course. We couldn't let my mother or father know. They would probably never let me out of the castle walls again. I grew up learning sword play and archery by moonlight, leaving me exhausted but feeling accomplished in the morning. The captain had been more like a father to me than anyone else, and it was painful to leave him behind, but I promised I would come to visit.

Before long, I found myself on the castle grounds, on the edge of the garden. I sighed, having already seen this garden what seemed like a million times. I quickly left the garden and headed off to the left. The gravel path turned to dirt as I neared what looked like the guards' barracks and stables. The stables, like everything else on Asgard, were magnificent. I sighed. It was all almost too perfect. In the grass area in front of the barracks, there was a little skirmish going on between two of the younger members of the guard. I sat myself on a barrel and watched for a moment but quickly grew bored when I saw that they were rookies, and there were many flaws in theirfighting technique. It wasn't a very interesting fight.

Looking to my right, I saw a large pasture behind the massive castle stables. I picked myself up from seat, not even thinking to brush the seat of my pants off. Walking over to the pasture, I hopped up to stand on one of the wooden planks that made up the fence. Back in Alfheim, I had had a horse of my own, a small white gelding that was very well behaved. Suddenly, a large black stallion tore through the pasture, causing all of the other horses to flee. The stallion stood in the middle of the pasture, stomping and snorting. I frowned, looking at the black horse. His coat was dirty and unkempt, like no one had ever taken care of him before. His main and tail were equally messy, tangled with bits of straw and mud clumped in it.

Making a very rash decision, I slipped through the wooden planks and into the pasture. Immediately, guards and stable hands started yelling at me to stop, to come back from the pasture. I turned to look at them. Fear was written on their faces, but not one of the made to enter the pasture. They went quiet as I felt air brush my hair. I turned to see the black stallion standing right in front of me, his dark eyes trained on me. Slowly, I extended my hand to him, and he carefully reached forward with his snout and rubbed my hand with his velvety nose. I smiled and reached to stroke his cheek.