thirteen | the playful conversation starts

please vote and comment i really like reading comments and it motivates me more so pwease

•Tylers POV•

"Do you realize how much danger you could have put her in?" My father scolded. Due to my terrible lying skills, he had figured out that I secretly snuck December on a plane to France with us. I guess my cover up story wasn't all that good, even thought it seemed to have worked for the entire time we were away.

I only nodded in response. I felt like a little child as he spoke down to me, even though I was a twenty one year old adult. I supposed what Deci had told me was true- I was immature. But she said that she liked that about me, that it gave me a sense of innocence.

"I know Dad," I replied. "I'm sorry." I knew what I did was wrong, so it wasn't hard for me to admit it. "But I promised December that I'd go back with her to visit her family. She's really homesick, and I think she needs time with them," I explained, biting my tongue in hopes that he'd allow for it. I couldn't see why not, it was obvious that he favored her.

"Is she the one?" He asked, catching me completely off guard. This was never something I enjoyed talking about, especially to my parents.

Truthfully, I didn't know how to answer. I definitely wanted her over any of the other girls, but was I ready to drop everything and get married? Become a prince and make her my princess, have children and live a life that I never desired? I still aspired for something more, that silly little escape plan I had been thinking about ever since I was nine. But maybe this is where my immaturity came into play- I could never really escape. It was too good to be true. Perhaps I'd be stuck here forever.

"I don't know," I answered, shrugging my shoulders. I stared down at the floor in embarrassment, avoiding my father's eye contact.

"Tyler, if you just answer honestly I'll let you go with her. You don't have to be afraid to tell me," he stated.

"I like her," I mumbled, the words jumbling together. "I mean love... Yeah, love," I confirmed, nodding my head. I stayed silent after that, deciding that I'd already said enough. I didn't want to tell him about the kiss, that'd be too awkward. That was something I'd talk to Josh about.

When I looked up, my dad was smiling. "Alright then, Tyler," he said, placing a hand on my shoulder happily. "I'll gather a few guards to accompany you."

"Can Max be one of them?" I asked.

"Max?"

"Max Ganymede," I stated.

"Of course. Now go along and tell December. Pack your stuff, you'll be leaving later tonight."

And with that, I was off, running through the halls of the palace like an excited little boy.

•December's POV•

Thankfully, my maids packed for me, with my intervention of course. I just told them what I did and didn't want to bring. But I insisted they throw in the icy blue dress they had brought to me a few days ago so I could give it to my sister. Surely she'd find an occasion to wear it, and it was the closest thing I could get to a souvenir from the palace. And I knew my brother would complain if I didn't bring him something, so I threw in the guitar pick I had been using from my room.

The plane ride was rather fun. Tyler had brought Josh along, and listening to their conversations was always interesting. Even Morgan was with us. She had told me that she was feeling homesick too and wanted nothing more than to leave and stay with her family, so I let Tyler know. He figured it would make more sense to bring her along with us since she lived in the same apartment building as me.