CHAPTER 6: She's What's Important

DARREN

I finally got finished with discussing a few other things with Mikaela while all she wanted to do really was try and flirt with me. It was disgusting as she had her cleavage hanging out.

Then once we were finished, Zion pulled me aside and told me he was going to a party that Klein was throwing ao he could meet up with Tasha.

"Well me and the pack will come with you." I tell him.

"Uh, no offense Alpha, but I don't think that'll be such a good idea. You might create a scene and I don't want...." He tried to explain but I cut him off.

"No! I'm coming with you and the guys are coming to cause I promised them I'd make up for leaving them alone here with Mikaela today." I tell him.

"Fine but you better not make a scene." He says to me.

"No promises." I smirk.

"Oooo I'm coming with you guys too." Mikaela says with excitement from behind.

"No." We both say.

"Excuse me?" She asks with her arms crossed.

Shit, I forgot that I can't break away from being nice to her just yet. Fuck my life right now.

"Uh, sorry. I meant hurry up and get ready." I tell her.

She jumps up for joy and claps before running upstairs to get ready in what I know will be a skimpy outfit.

"I swear. I can't wait for this whole bullshit to be over with. I'm about to ring her neck." Zion says.

"I know." I laugh.

I next tell the guys and Mikaela we are leaving in ten.

Once we finally pull up to the house, the place is like a zoo with everyone all around having fun and drinking.

While heading inside, Mikaela had seemed to have been trying to hold my hand and everything but I kept smacking her hand away.

She spots one of her friends, thank god, and walks over to them. Then Zion finds Tasha and heads over while the rest of my pack spreads out.

When I head towards the kitchen I spot that guy from the snack bar and Klein and they're kissing? What the hell? Is he gay?! Oh my god. I don't know if rather or not right now I should be mad still at him or if I should break down laughing cause I can't believe she tried having a gay guy pretend to being her boyfriend to try and make me jealous. Wait, that's why right? Ir would have to be.

Oh god, I guess I'm a dumb ass for believing it was all real. Although I do feel more relieved now. But I'm wondering if I should mess with her for this or just take this all as a lesson learned. I'll play it by ear I guess.

I begin walking around the house all over to try and find her and it was hard to make out her scent more clearly the closer I got, but when I saw her outside, I saw a guy talking to her and suddenly pull her closer to him and looked like he was about to kiss her and that sure wasn't gonna happen.

So I stomp my way up towards them and before he has a chance to kiss her, I push him out of the way and immediately grab Elona's hand so that she doesn't fall.

She looks at me confused and clearly drunk.

"Why are you..." She says and stops herself as she bends over and quickly starts throwing up.

"What the fuck bro?!" The asshole says as he stands back up and looks at me.

"Get the fuck out of here before I rearrange your face!" I threaten him.

He looks at me scared and then starts walking off.

I quickly hold back Elona's hair and rub her back a little bit while continuing to puke. Then she stops and starts standing up.

"Come on." I tell her while I pick her up and carry her bridal style.

She doesn't fight it and rests her head against my chest while I walk us all the several miles back home.

The minute we arrived it was of course just her and me and I carried her inside the house and set her down on the couch.

"Wait here, I'm gonna go and get you a wash cloth and some water along with medicine." I tell her.

"No. I'm hungry. I want some food." She coos.

"Alright. What do you want?" I chuckle.

"Hmm...." She says while tapping her chin.

"Does McDonald's sound good?" I ask.

"Oh my god yes.....I want a large number one and an order of nuggets with sweet and sour sauce and some barbecue." She says with a big smile.

"Hungry much?" I tease.

"Oh shut up. Besides the carbs are good for my curves. I work hard on these curves." She slurs.

"I bet." I wink at her.

She then sits back on the couch and turns on TV and picks cartoons to watch.

When the food is delivered, we both begin eating while on the couch and afterwards, it seemed like she wasn't nauseous anymore but of course still drunk.

"That was delicious. Thanks." She says as she drinks some of her sprite.

"Well good, I'm glad." I tell her.

We look at each other for a moment and then unknowingly begin leaning in closer to each other until our lips almost meet and I stop by turning my head away because I want her sober when we kiss.

I really am trying my best not to mess things up again. I want to tell her the plan and everything but I can't. Not yet and especially not while she's drunk. But soon I will.

"We can't do this. Not while you're like this." I tell her.

"Not like what? Am I too fat and ugly still? I thought you wanted girls like this. You know, easy and vulnerable." She begins.

"Stop it Elona. You're drunk." I try and tell her as nicely as possible but she takes it the wrong way.

"Fine! I see. You're right. I shouldn't do that! You and my cousin are mates and it would be wrong. She's the one you want and she's the one you want to kiss and make love to although she's just a..." She stops herself and I notice tears starting to develop in her eyes.

"Elona." I try to comfort her as it kills me a little to know how hurt she still is.

"Just stop. Why did you have to come back?! Why do you love hurting me more and more? What did I ever do to you?!" She cries and then gets up and runs upstairs and slams her door shut.

Fuck!!! I yell out in my head as I pull at my hair in frustration. I can't do this anymore. I can't go on with this Mikaela bullshit and idea. I have to focus on what's really important and that's my mate and getting her back. It's always been the most important and I'm gonna do it, starting tomorrow.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)