[P R O L O G U E]

"It's been amazing to see you again, Elina". Elina Dombrovskis felt her friend wrapping her arms around her and pull her close. "Likewise". Elina sighed, hugging her back. Ever since she started her study in the capital of Latvia, she had barely seen or met her friends. It was a busy life and all of her focus was on stuyding and getting good grades. Elina and Marta had been out for dinner in the bruising Riga, having a good evening together and thinking of the great memories of their long friendship. Marta was studying outside of Riga, but when she visited her brother every once and a while, she called Elina to see if she could hang out. "Are you sure you don't want a ride?". Marta asked when they stood outside of the restaurant. "I'm sure, but thanks for the offer. It's only a ten minute walk. And maybe it helps to get the wine out of my system a bit". Elina joked and it caused Marta to laugh.

"Well, okay". Marta's hand brushed over her arm. "I hope your feet are still alive after a walk on those heels". She laughed again and looked down at the heels on Elina's feet. "I'll survive". Elina waved her away and watched how Marta got into her car. The headlights flickered on when she turned the key and the engine started. Elina waved at her friend and started to walk down the pavement. Because she was a student, she lived in a small apartment close to the city center of Riga. It was always busy here, but the faster ways through the city were mostly calm and she enjoyed those. She was out of the tourists that way. Her heels clicked against the floor and Elina tightened her long coat around her waist. It was a chilly night and when she puckered her lips to blow out some air, a cloud was cleary visible.

Elina smiled when she thought back of the night. She always kept in touch with Marta, even though a lot of friendships would eventually fade out when people went to study on different schools. She didn't have a lot of friends, just a couple girls and some guys she sat with in her classes, but Elina liked her privacy and prefered working alone instead of in groups. She was quiet, maybe a bit shy, however not a complete wallflower. Elina looked up when it was surprisingly quiet tonight and she hesitated about walking straight through, her apartment was only five minutes away now. Or two when she took the quicker road. She relaxed when a car drove by, realizing she wasn't completely alone. Elina held her breath when the window of the car rolled down and she thought it might be someone who asked for the road.

"How much?". The man asked when she stopped, his arm leaning on the door of the car. "Excuse me?". Elina asked, blinking in confusion. "You heard me". She could barely see what the man looked like, but the alarmbells started ringing soon enough. "I think you have the wrong way, the prostitutes aren't on this side of the city". Elina replied, taking a few steps back, glancing over her shoulder to see how far she had to run on these heels to reach her apartment. As soon as she heard the clicking of the car door opening, she started to run. Elina felt her heart rate going up and she didn't dare to look back at the two men that were following her. She was more scared than ever. Never in the two years that she lives here had something like this happened to her. Elina felt safe in Riga, but that changed in that one minute when she had to run for her life.

Elina ran around the corner and reached the door of her house. "Sasodīts, Elina!". [fuck] She cursed on herself when she fiddled with her keys to open the door. She finally got it in and rushed inside, but when she stood in the hallway and wanted to close the door and lock it behind her, the men pushed back to break it open. "No, please". She whimpered, using her complete weight to hold them out, but of course she wasn't strong enough. Elina felt hot tears running down her cheeks and they blurred her vision. She fell back when the men open the door and she looked up at them with pleading eyes. "Please don't hurt me". Elina sobbed and the men were speaking a language she didn't speak. She whined when she was roughly pulled up from the ground, a bag pushed over her head and a towel wettened with chloroform caused her defense to weaken.

Elina fought the blackened void that wanted to take over her mind, but she didn't win and god knew where she was taken.

A/N: You tell me who I needed to pick for this story and I listened 🌚. Crikey I'm excited to write this out further. I'm inspired by the story "I am not a prostitute", which is about Russian maffia and its a great book with also a lot of humor. Because Daniel has some Italian roots, I named the story Girasole, it means 'sunflower' in Italian. I hope you like the prologue so far, as usual feedback is welcome!💘

TAGLIST: HonestlySeb ricciardoaf brauni2001 8daysaweeksucker f1_girl97 blacpinked ilinca66 crazy1984 Taaaaamz MariGraceRose AshelyDorina aggeliki_km sof_f1Onceuponxwars f1fan33 LLeclerc isse99 MariaThepld sundaysmoon

(ignore tag if you don't read fics)