1.6

Daniel had kept his promise to her to take her to the top of the Eiffel tower and it had been a great experience. Elina had liked the day they spend in Paris, but it was time to go back home again. They flew to the hangar with an helicopter again and the jet was ready for them there. Elina was exhausted and looked forward to settle herself in one of the big seats to sleep. She hadn't said much on the way back, but Daniel didn't think too much of it. No arguments were started that day, so he was sure she wasn't mad at him for something. Elina took her shoes off when they sat down in the airplane, folding her legs under her body when she sat down in one of the leather chairs. "Tired?". He asked as he sat on the opposite side of her and she nodded when she leaned her head in her hands. "I can see so". Daniel smiled, cocking his head a bit sideways. "We're be home around nine". He said next, looking down at the watch around his wrist.

Elina nodded once more and locked her seatbelt as the plane was taxiing towards the lane and ready to get into the air. "Did you like spending time in Paris?". Daniel asked and she let out a small chuckle. "Fifty fifty". She replied and he chuckled too, one of the two days had been a bit less fun indeed. "But I liked going out with you today". She continued and Daniel looked back at her, glad to hear so. "I'll make sure the staff has some dinner ready when we get back". He switched the subject and pushed his phone to his ear to call the house and inform them about the situation. Elina closed her eyes, just wanting to rest for a moment. She fell asleep soon and Daniel hissed to the staff that was about to ask if she wanted to drink something, that they had to be quiet. Daniel didn't have anything to do during the flight, for once. When they flew to Paris, he had to make some calls, especially with Mr. Vergne's staff.

He was glad this deal went through, his contact with Jev had Always been on good terms and he didn't want him to think that with Elina around it would change. Next week, one of his partners from Sweden was coming over, his girlfriend included and he hoped she could maybe get along with Elina, to make her feel even more blended in. Elina was peacefully asleep till the plane rolled back on the asphalt towards the hangar in Palermo, the bumpy landing making her lift her head from her hand that was by now stiff from supporting her head. The side of her face had some prints in her skin from how long she had been seated there like that. "We're back in Sicily". Daniel said and she looked out of the window, the sun was just setting and leaving a slightest bit of day light on the landscape, while the moon was busy coming out as well. It took a moment before they could get out of the plane.

The staff was lined up at the exit to wave them goodbye and Elina blushed a bit at the thought that almost a complete aircraft staff was here for just four people in a jet. She thanked them quietly, following Daniel down the stairs while Mr. Evans and Mr. Verstappen were taking their luggage. Mr. Grosjean was picking them up from the airport, the door of the car held open for her and she sat down in the backseat, between Daniel and Mitch. The men were conversating in Italian during the ride, some laughter here and there, but she didn't get it anyway, not that she minded. She just looked forward to the pasta Daniel's staff would be making for her. His hand had moved over her knee and rested on the inside of her leg, which made her look up at him, a small grin curling his lips when she rolled her eyes afterwards. Mitch looked at the two with an amused smile, not saying anything when Daniel rose his eyebrows at her.

They arrived home half an hour later, more of his men coming out of the house to open the gate and to take the Luggage from them and into the house. Everyone greeted them friendly, standing at the door with their hands folded behind their backs and Elina was sure even president Obama wasn't greeted this formaly. "Mr. Gasly". She smiled, seeing him standing at the end of the row and he was briefly surprised to hear her greeting him so friendly. "Ms. Dombrovskis". Pierre said, bowing slightly. "Did you have a good couple days?". She asked, remembering Daniel had told her Pierre wouldn't be able to come to Paris because he was visting family for a few days. "Yes, thank you". Pierre was even more surprised she seemed to know that he was off duty while she was in Paris with Daniel, but it made his heart skip a beat at the thought that she must've asked about him.