1.8

"Man... The French haven't been this stubborn since a long while". Daniel huffed as he leaned against the wall. The fight was over. His gun was empty in his hand and his other hand pressed down on a nasty cut in his arm. "Let me get a doctor to look at that". Antonio mentioned, not quite unharmed either as a bullet had scraped over his shoulder. "I have to get home". Daniel shook his head, tearing a piece of his blouse off and wrapped it around the wound, pulling on the cotton material with his teeth. It was past five in the morning now and he was sure Elina was worried at home. Even though he had wanted her to go back to bed, of course she would pace around the living room till he was back. The reason for the attack had been unknown. Antonio didn't do business with them like Daniel did, however it was clear that Mr. Vergne was not behind it. They had weird tattoos, something Mr. Vettel had noticed.

The group of men hadn't been seen before. Luckily, Antonio's partners were on time to safe most of the hangar all of his goods were in. Daniel and his men walked back to their car, suits torn here and there and they were bruised, some more than the other, but they were alive and ready to go home. The sun was rising above the horizon and that made Elina want to burst into tears as Daniel wasn't back yet. She didn't know why she felt the urge to cry, as she hadn't felt attached to Daniel at all until recently. Elina bit on the ends of her long nails, telling herself to stop that while she stood in front of the big window in the living room, hoping that he'd return in any second. Twenty minutes later, the headlights of his car finally turned onto the porch and she felt her heart skipping a beat as it looked like that everyone returned in one piece. Daniel pushed the door of the car open, his other arm to his side.

The cut was burning in his skin by now and he was going to clean it as soon as he got inside. Doors were opened for him and the men who had joined him and a concerned Elina showed up in the doorway when he got in. "Girasole, you're still up". Daniel muttered and she scoffed. "Of course I am". Elina replied. "As if I could peacefully go back to sleep while you were dancing with flying bullets". She sarcastically said. Daniel chuckled lightly and walked passed her into his office. "You're so affectionate". She rolled her eyes as she didn't even receive a hug or something alike. "I don't want to get my blood on you, Elina". He said while glancing up at her as he shrugged his bruised jacket from his shoulders and revealed the cut in his arm. "One of those bitches cut you?". She squinted her eyes at him and before he could say or do anything, she tore the piece of his blouse he had tied around it away from his arm, revealing the nasty cut that had torn his skin open.

"Yes, one of those bitches cut me". Daniel said, his eyes rolling slightly at her choice of words. "Sit down". Elina mumbled, briefly moving out of his office to return with a medical kit. "I've done an internship in the hospital in Latvia before you plucked me out of there". She said, a teasing tone to her voice to let him know she was only joking. Daniel let out a soft chuckle, looking at her when she got some cleaning alcohol and a cotton pad, the sharp scent of the liquid filling the room as soon as she put some on the cotton. The muscles in his arm contracted when she cleaned the wound, the alcohol burning through the cut. It wasn't very deep, so it didn't need to be stitched up. With her nail, she scooped some of the cream out of the jar, it was meant to relief the burning feeling a bit. Elina wrapped a bandage around it and looked up at him. Daniel felt his skin tingling when she moved her palms under the material of his blouse, or what was left of the piece of clothing.

She softly pushed it off his muscled shoulders and down his arms to throw it away. His arm curled around her waist, her front pushed up against his and her robe falling slightly to the side to expose the swell of her cleavage a slight bit. A throat cleared behind them and Elina looked over her shoulder to see Pierre knocking on the door. "Mr. Ricciardo, is it still needed to call the doctor?". He asked politely. Daniel shook his head, not letting go of Elina even though Pierre was there too. "No, thank you". He nodded and so did Pierre, briefly looking at the Latvian woman in his arms before turning around and closing the door of his office. "You should go back to sleep for a couple hours". Daniel said, caressing her cheek. "Only if you come too". She said, her palms skipping over his warm skin. "I really need to shower". He chuckled. "So, get in bed, I'll be there soon". Elina nodded and he reached down to kiss her firmly, glad he was able to return to her. He watched as she twirled out of his arms and towards the door, leaving his office.